• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I decided to pair up my recreational SL skis with a recreational GS ski, so I got these last year’s leftovers at a good price from my ski shop (Elan GSX Fusion). They are the original Ripstick, before that ski morphed into a wide ski.

Super fun, easy, and fast enough for me. Hilariously, they are rated poorly as a proper GS ski, but they are perfect for what I need them for. I had a lot of fun on them in my race clinic last night. Here they are on the right, leaning against our basement “half marathon race wall.” LOL. I think they would be fun in spring slush and crud.....I like to ski through that stuff rather than plane on top of it.

DF32BE38-F61A-4295-9E3F-D1C1E3C37A01.jpeg

I also got a pair of Flylow pants half price. They look like tan hiking pants and did a great job of keeping me dry in last night’s rain and snow.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I copied this from another thread because it conveys my thoughts perfectly.

Skied my vantage 90 ctis today. 2017 is the year and 169cm is the length.

Conditions weren't normally what I'd bring them out in but I wanted to see how they would do. Conditions were hard packed, icy in places and bits of packed powder here and there. They did great. I love these skis. They are so easy to turn and did surprisingly well on the hardback. There were a couple places where I was afraid as they aren't ice skates but overall I was very impressed. I think I've gotten better in that they didn't grip on like slalom skis but I learned to just go with the it, follow through with the turn and use turn shape to control my speed rather than panic and hockey stop in a panic. I like these skis, like them a lot. They went as slow or as fast as I wanted and they were just so easy to ski. I felt parallel and in control at all times. I have narrower skis for days like today but I do feel I could get on with these just fine if they were my only skis. I bet these are a hootin hollerin ton of fun in soft snow. What great skis. I miss the stability of my Kenjas a bit but what I got in exchange was a very capable maneuverable ski that's a sh!t ton of fun. I'm keeping these for a while.

Dropped them off with my guys on mountain for a 1-3 tune and a wax so I'm even more stoked to get on them tomorrow.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought a pair for my guy for Christmas and he LOVES them.
Then I picked up a pair in great shape at the thrift store for $10. You never know what you'll find.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not that exciting: replaced my falling apart Smith I/OS with another pair. The band on the new pair has an abstract rock-like motif on it, which I thought was fitting for this winter.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My powder/spring snow play toy just arrived. Test fleet demo ski from my favorite Colorado shop. I had the 110 but I just felt the 100 would get a hell of a lot more use in my world.

I'm probably not going to bring them to Tahoe in 3 weeks because I don't think I'll need them. However, these are going to be hella fun come spring skiing time here in the northeast.

20180209_184138.jpg

Walks

Booting up
Skier
A bit late to the game but picked up both of these beauties last offseason. The Vist Crossover II's are a few years old but as I understand same as the current Blossom White Out. Very fun and confidence inspiring skis - amazingly smooth. The Skilogik Frontburners were a Craigslist find for $80! They will likely just end up on the wall since they look so nice but I gotta admit I'm still dying to ski them.
20180211_000857.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A bit late to the game but picked up both of these beauties last offseason. The Vist Crossover II's are a few years old but as I understand same as the current Blossom White Out. Very fun and confidence inspiring skis - amazingly smooth. The Skilogik Frontburners were a Craigslist find for $80! They will likely just end up on the wall since they look so nice but I gotta admit I'm still dying to ski them.
View attachment 39315
Two great finds for sure!

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Totally forgot to brag about my most recent acquisition courtesy of @Ron. No need to disclose price beyond saying -- you get far more than you pay for when buying second hand from PugSkiers.

187 Praxis Protest, minty condition, with Marker Griffon Schizo bindings.

Plan is to dial mount point this year, and add a pair of Salomon Shifts next year for Japan-uary. Skied them one day at -0.5cm and I can't imagine they get any better. They (and the day) was too much fun for photos. So excuse the garage queen shots.

X7yZKms.jpg

Serf4rg.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Totally forgot to brag about my most recent acquisition courtesy of @Ron. No need to disclose price beyond saying -- you get far more than you pay for when buying second hand from PugSkiers.

187 Praxis Protest, minty condition, with Marker Griffon Schizo bindings.

Plan is to dial mount point this year, and add a pair of Salomon Shifts next year for Japan-uary. Skied them one day at -0.5cm and I can't imagine they get any better. They (and the day) was too much fun for photos. So excuse the garage queen shots.

X7yZKms.jpg

Serf4rg.jpg

Gorgeous topsheets

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
SUPER FUN SKI! Can't wait till you ski them in some deep.

Had them in about 5" at peak. They rock crud. Give up a little bit on edge vs the Bibbys, but boy are they easy to pivot around soft lumps and trees. Excited to ski them in the deep where the taper and rocker profiles will really get to shine.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
It has been a crazy year. Super pumped about this purchase. Love the skis and the bindings (The bindings I demoed before, the ski nope. But having demoed a bunch of skis this season helped in honing in on design characteristics that I prefer)

Black Crows Navis Freebird 185cm and Dynafit Radical 2.0 FT bindings in their element.

IMG_0408.jpeg