• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_20171206_103840.jpg
My Hero! So excited for my not so little carver. 150cm Hero Jr for my daughter. A little longer but she's growing like a weed and these are soft skis. She should take her skiing to another fun level. 180 USD on Corbetts.

Attachments

• IMG_20171206_103831.jpg
    IMG_20171206_103831.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 6

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
These Zipfits may have been the best ski purchase I’ve ever made. All of a sudden boots I’ve struggled with getting fit and aligned for over a year (RS 130) have become just awesome. For the first time in years I feel like right footers don’t need to be manufactured. They’re also warm and very comfortable for the level of performance they offer. They're harder to get in than the stock liners but small price to pay. Warm too.

Foam seemed to make less sense for me as my track record getting things right with boots on the first try is really bad.

View attachment 34448

I have the same boots and same liners. Great combination. Had to stuff some balsam wood in the heel but I'm super comfortable now. Very hard to get out of, I agree. Luckily my feet are usually warm as long as I keep skiing so sometimes at the lodge I just unbuckle.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
View attachment 35472

My new 2018 Armada ARV 86 in 184cm/Attack 13 bindings for my new park/mogul/having fun narrow ski. Have similar styled twin tips in the Head Flight series in 95mm and 105mm underfoot that should compliment these nicely.

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Found these at a garage sale. Barely used from a ski instructor. $125. Bases and tops are in great shape. I think I scored. They are 174, but that is probably about right for me at 5'8" 160# and upper intermediate. Haven't skied this ski yet, but I know I can get my money back if they don't work out. Given the other skis I liked this year, I think they are going to rock. Wish I could try them now.
View attachment 23482

Just an update: I have skied my garage sale SR 95s and am very happy with my purchase. These things love speed and do it smoothly.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just picked up a pair of band new 2017 Atomic Vantage 90 CTI skis in a 169 for $330 on ebay along with sone attack 13 bindings from a fellow pugger. I didn't think the day would come but it looks like these will be replacing my Volkl Kenjas. I've been a Kenja fan for years but lately have been craving something more playful but still has the guts of a Kenja. I think I've found it. Pictures coming soon.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
As my kids get bigger so do the skis. I realized, for convenience, we needed some new ski bags for our ski commute. We have been using 2 double bags that are now hard to close with skis and poles. After research, I decided I just wanted a light sleeve that would protect the 2 largest pair of skis. I found images of the K2 ski sleeve and loved it. Unfortunately, every time I clicked on the image, the associated ski store was sold-out. Decided to check @SkiEssentials, my favorite online ski shop. Of course they had what no one else carries. Bought two bags (195cm & 175cm) for $40 shipped. Received two days later after ordering. Awesome! Now my wife and I have our own bags and the kids skis can go in a double bag comfortably.
k2_sleeve.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Any members in the tri state area of NY, NJ, & CT. a big ski sale is coming up in January 2018. It is scheduled for January 4, 5, 6, & 7 at the Meadowlands Stadium. Having gone to Stadium sales in the past I know some good deals are available for those looking for new equipment that may be last years models. Sometimes manufactures representatives are there along with sales people to help out customers. Good Luck finding bargains.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
New pants by Exposure Project, they are cargo type snowboard pants but will work just fine for skiing. $18.00 At a store called Ross that sells discount price level like a TJX stores. I never heard of that brand before but at that price I decided to give them a try.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied my Vantage 90's for the first time last weekend locally in PA.... great versatility and fun, but not the best ski for those slopes or when it got warm and heavier... really looking forward to skiing them somewhere more appropriate!

Whitetail 012618 020 DC ACR Conv.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I skied my Vantage 90's for the first time last weekend locally in PA.... great versatility and fun, but not the best ski for those slopes or when it got warm and heavier... really looking forward to skiing them somewhere more appropriate!

View attachment 38581

I have fatter skis for when it gets warm and heavier but I not having skied mine yet I was wondering why you felt they weren't right for your area? I ski in western mass and Vermont mainly so I was just curious since our conditions are probably similar yeah?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have fatter skis for when it gets warm and heavier but I not having skied mine yet I was wondering why you felt they weren't right for your area? I ski in western mass and Vermont mainly so I was just curious since our conditions are probably similar yeah?

In heavy stuff, I think I'd have preferred a smaller ski. But now that you mention it, I have no idea what's best for heavy stuff. Until fairly recently, I just didn't ski it; So something to figure out I guess. It could also be partly that it was just a tired day for me... I quit around lunch time, and felt like the skis were a lot of work in that stuff.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Skied Vantage 90 CTi's all last season, and never once thought "If I only had those other skis in my quiver right now".

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
In heavy stuff, I think I'd have preferred a smaller ski. But now that you mention it, I have no idea what's best for heavy stuff. Until fairly recently, I just didn't ski it; So something to figure out I guess. It could also be partly that it was just a tired day for me... I quit around lunch time, and felt like the skis were a lot of work in that stuff.

I get it. The first time I skied heavy snow I couldn't walk for 3 days lol. You'll either get used to it or find a better ski that works for you when conditions will be like that. I have 98 and 100 underfoot skis for spring time or when it's going to be otherwise warm and slushy. It could have been that day for you too. You'll have to try again ;)