• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So, we are all set, got the poles yesterday, man the baskets were a Biatch to put on the poles.

The Camo belong to @Mrs. 53, the Timberline are mine, poles are Goodes Pure Carbon Classics, both 52” and that is my Smith helmet which is nothing fancy to say the least.

Bring on December 11th
A8B1B746-1BAE-43F5-881B-C9C5666FB4A9.jpeg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
These are en route to me and I'll have them Thursday. I'm slightly excited. These will be my early season rock ski and teaching and clinic'ing ski. Hopefully I'll like them. I love the TItan so I have every hope I'll like these too. My Redsters are in the shop right now getting readied for the season and the second I get these they'll join them. They will make their debut over thanksgiving weekend.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Insert poltergeist voice

"They're here......"

Thank you for the suggestion of this ski. You know who you are ;). Thank you to @Bobalooski for having a pair of these. They are striking in person. I can't wait to ski them. I will treat them well. They are off to the spa tomorrow.

View attachment 32863
You put them near cat litter and a cat climbing pole. Do not get cat hair in the bindings.:daffy:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
You put them near cat litter and a cat climbing pole. Do not get cat hair in the bindings.:daffy:

They're aren't stored there. I staged them there for the pic. Besides that's not cat litter, that's a scratching pad. :)

I have 3 cats and hair is everywhere but I'll do my best ;)

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Last season's ARV 96 for me :) Ordered, anyway. I assume they'll arrive in due course.

Would have been $500 or $400 with the Loveland demo day coupon, and it would have been this season's ARW graphic, which I do not care for. Instead, $347 including shipping for last season's ARV graphic, which is ... well, it's less unappealing than this season's ARW graphic for me. With maybe a sticker over the naked lady.

armada-arv-96-skis-2017-163-top_3_1.jpg

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Last season's ARV 96 for me :) Ordered, anyway. I assume they'll arrive in due course.

Would have been $500 or $400 with the Loveland demo day coupon, and it would have been this season's ARW graphic, which I do not care for. Instead, $347 including shipping for last season's ARV graphic, which is ... well, it's less unappealing than this season's ARW graphic for me. With maybe a sticker over the naked lady.

View attachment 33780
I scanned this until I saw the words "naked lady".

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Forgot to mention a sweet deal on the new Attack 13 bindings thanks to a now corrected mistake on a site. Just $20 or so less than intended, but still a sweet deal.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Something just arrived from Reno and it wasn’t P&T.

Not going to use the “D” word, even with resort closures and a crappy LTF
but I’m hoping I’m not the guy that bought powder skis in the wrong year.

0B476CE8-4D09-450B-91F6-D5D368F740B8.jpeg
6FC40537-5FF9-4DA0-9F7A-4D66C1C8CB6D.jpeg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20171117_112739_HDR_resized.jpg

These came to my office last week ( She'll never know.. some of you will understand) Many thanks to @Cyrus Schenck for having a pro day last spring. What a brilliant idea for those of us who could never afford these beauties otherwise. I couldn't decide, so I got both. Cant wait to get some binders on these and go skiing!!
I could have made this post in 'the buy skis without a demo first' thread, because I'm just going on blind faith, and the good words I have read here.
I'm fairly confident they will work out.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

View attachment 33780

Great deal on the skis!!

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well no fancy pics, but stopped into my local shop yesterday to have the bindings checked and to have some work done on my boots. My fitter recommended new foot beds with a support under the big toe. What a difference. Feels like I got new boots that are already broken in. And the painful side pressure is gone.

Sponsor

Staff online