• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I am going to die. $290 w/bindings, mounted and delivered.
img_20171002_102827-jpg.30847

I am jealous.That is an amazing deal on a great pair of skis.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Philpug what is the point of finger stalls? A fraction of the warmth of a mitten, none of the dexterity of a glove - I don't get it!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a deal in any way, but my bright orange helmet faded significantly within a few months of purchase. I just bought a bright green helmet from a different brand - it fits well, and I hope it'll hold its color!

View attachment 32053
I'm trying to decide if my ski helmet needs replacing. It took several hits, last season, the last one being pretty solid.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw this North Face jacket at Christy Sports in Vail in July. Didn’t buy it then but wished I did. Just bought it from their web page and it came today.
230EA83D-B423-41BC-B7F0-E9FC865B3175.jpeg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've only taken one shot that made me think "good thing I had a helmet on". But that one was sufficient for me to know, I need a helmet on!
My very last day skiing last season, I was cruising pretty fast on a groomed steep section of Shirley Lakes at Squaw. I stupidly, stupidly, stupidly decided to make a little turn into the soft snow on the edge of the run. That snow stopped my skis in their tracks, and I of course got thrown violently on to my side on the hard snow. My head hit pretty hard. My most recent mountain biking accident was a similar mechanism, so I have two helmets to replace. Usually I don't hit my head skiing, but when I have, I've been very thankful that I started wearing a helmet a little after my daughter started skiing.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
l
I'm trying to decide if my ski helmet needs replacing. It took several hits, last season, the last one being pretty solid.

I have the Smith Vantage with MIPS. Really like all the sliding vents for Tahoe skiing, and it fits well. I need to look into crash-replacement. They are not inexpensive.

Like @elemmac said - do you really want to mess around?

My new helmet is a Giro 9 with MIPS. A little over $100. Less than a lot of lift tickets.

CrystalRose

Putting on skis
Skier

When I was researching helmets, most sites said they are built only to withstand one hit and honestly from like a 2 foot fall. But who's going to replace a helmet every time it falls from the kitchen counter?! I understand the hesitancy to replace a helmet that looks perfectly fine but the foam (or whatever material is actually absorbing impact) may be compromised and may not work as well the next time.

YMMV

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree, a helmet is a worthwhile investment! I'll post a pic when I get one.

Sponsor

Staff online