• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kaskade the (not actually) wiener dog.

nice doggie, looks well behaved verses my daughter's mischievous one!
He helped me drain a soft side pool by ensuring excess water had a hole to drain into:

Hocki 2015-11-15.jpeg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shes a bit of a punk sometimes but she is pretty mellow fora husky.

ah, I suspect my daughter's Sib Husky would find yours quite fetching ... he's about to celebrate his first birthday. We thought (hoped) he'd top out at 45lbs but he's hitting 65lbs .. big boy .. super playful and quite lovely. He's also useless as a guard dog as he's just too friendly. I think he'll mellow but at 1 yr ... lots and lots of excess energy.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
ah, I suspect my daughter's Sib Husky would find yours quite fetching ... he's about to celebrate his first birthday. We thought (hoped) he'd top out at 45lbs but he's hitting 65lbs .. big boy .. super playful and quite lovely. He's also useless as a guard dog as he's just too friendly. I think he'll mellow but at 1 yr ... lots and lots of excess energy.

There are no strangers to Sibes or Malamutes. Friendliest dogs I've ever met. Our girl is about 45lbs and at 1.7ish years she will fill out a bit. 65lbs is big even for a male Sibe, thats approaching Malamute range (met one in a shelter once that was easily 4.5 feet at the shoulder and 180lbs, not overweight even). She is on meds for seizures that make her pretty mellow most of the time, but when she gets riled up its go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go and then go some more; it will be years before your boy mellows out, even into their senior years they are still puppies at heart.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
No pictures, but - got home with hands full of grocery bags. Loki slips past me - he's literally never tried to do this before - and ran out the garage door as it was lowering. In fact, he got hit in the middle of the back as he ran through, causing the door to detect interference and head back up. It's raining and dark and miserable out, and I'm searching for a black dog who's darting around, having the time of his life, trying to get himself run over. I called my husband; he left mid-meeting to drive around the neighborhood searching for the dog, too. This went on far too long - me catching a glimpse of Loki, who would then run off into the dark - before Loki finally trotted over to my husband. At which point we discovered that he'd rolled in poop.

Whyyyyy do I let these beasts into my house and my heart?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
but when she gets riled up its go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go and then go some more; it will be years before your boy mellows out, even into their senior years they are still puppies at heart.

Yeah, My brother in law 8yrs ago talking of their new Cairn Terrier pup noted how happy he'll be once it's a year old ... I noted that he should expect 5, 6 maybe 7 years before he calms down. I guess my sister in law missed that part of the description.

Whyyyyy do I let these beasts into my house and my heart?

they then set a nice anchor in ones heart too. I have dogs from years back that I still miss. Good to hear your smelly one was retrieved!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
they then set a nice anchor in ones heart too. I have dogs from years back that I still miss. Good to hear your smelly one was retrieved!

Bathed, but still a bit smelly =/ But yes, in one whole piece, undamaged. Didn't even have the heart to yell at him, though I fondly told him he was an asshole a few times.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bathed, but still a bit smelly =/ But yes, in one whole piece, undamaged. Didn't even have the heart to yell at him, though I fondly told him he was an asshole a few times.

Well, it may of been the lingering smell! otherwise it's pretty obvious you love him

babanff

Out on the slopes
Industry Insider
This is my 12yr old, Gus. Even though I've had him since he was 4 months old, I finally found out his mix a month ago. He's a Golden/Chow/Border. Now when I meet someone with a Labradoodle/Golden-doodle/Whatever-doodle, I can say 'Ooh I have a mutt too, he's a Golden Chowder.'

IMG_8494.JPG

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bentley and Sawyer-miniature schnauzers-6&2 View attachment 428
Schauzers ..after getting our first home the Schnauzers were in contention as first official pet(s). They lost out to Basenjis, but I always liked their character ...

here's our adopted girl cleaning up a foot : )
IMG_2285.JPG

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
DollyAndMasha.JPG

My little darlings. Dolly is the older, more responsible one. Masha just wants to have fun.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Off the charts on the cuteness scale. What brand of pups are those? Some kind of Terrier?

Lots of good lookin dogs on this thread.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
They're both rescues. My best guess is that Dolly is a Schnorkie (Mini Schnauzer-Yorkie mix), she's definitely terrier. Masha is either a Toy Poodle or maybe a mix of Toy Poodle and Bichon Frise (Bichpoo/Poochon) and has a mellow personality.

Sponsor

Staff online