• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Arizona Snowbowl announced today their plans for the new base lodge, walking bridge and new restaurant next to the Sunset triple chair. It's looking like a big summer of upgrades for the Snowbowl.

https://www.arizonasnowbowl.com/?q=node/385

This years upgrades might not be as sweet as the last few years for the expert skier but they are much needed ones for a lot of the visitors that spend a good amount of money there. The walkway bridge is huge imo, crossing that road when it was icy and dumping snow was super sketchy. Hopefully there is going to be some upgrades as far as food options as well.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
It is great to see the continued investment and upgrades at Arizona Snowbowl. The new Hart Prarie lift isn't to exciting but was sorly needed and long over. I am much more excited about the bridge and new resturant. I just hope the menu is expanded with additional choices.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Figured I would start this thread since AZ Snowbowl announced targeted opening date of 11/10. I'm guessing the rest of Coleman's properties will shoot for Mid November opening as well. Winter is coming!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I just got the email blast about the 11/10 opening. That's so exciting. I have a friend that lives in Prescott that skis She just bought a pair of Renoun Z77s and is dying to get them out on there so she's thrilled with the opening date.

TS
raisingarizona

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bump. Maybe we can get Core2 to move his posts into here or I can just delete this one? I tried to delete this thread but I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
And in other news, Snowbowl had just released an opening date of Nov 10th for this season

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
And in other news, Snowbowl had just released an opening date of Nov 10th for this season

Sorry, I just found the other thread. I guess my news isn't news after all

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can merge, let me find the other thread.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just got the email blast about the 11/10 opening. That's so exciting. I have a friend that lives in Prescott that skis She just bought a pair of Renoun Z77s and is dying to get them out on there so she's thrilled with the opening date.

Hey there SSG, I likely won't be skiing in those early opening weeks of Snowbowl, but yes, am excited to get up there when the base is a higher percentage of real snow as opposed to man-made used to get the lifts moving so early. I agree with the others about the new and much needed changes. The upgrade of the Hart Prairie lift is long overdue. And I admit, this new chair is in my best interest since I often take my granddaughter up for a day of snowboard lessons. Swooping down the slope to spy now and then requires that lift to take me back up--unless I take off my skis and walk around---, and with that new bridge might be another option.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just curious... did anyone ever hear for sure whether Snowbowl Power Pass holders get Powder Alliance benefits this coming season? Snowbowl's still listed on the Powder Alliance website (with the nice new Snowbowl logo, even). But Snowbowl's website doesn't show it.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I purchased the Power Pass this season, but it is not part of the Powder Alliance. I believe the Powder Alliance holders can GO to Snowbowl as it is included in the resort grouping, but that does not mean that a season PowerPass holder of Snowbowl is part of the Alliance by default. If I am mistaken perhaps another can enlighten me.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Just from the website, it looks like the powder alliance pass option that was for sale in years past is gone. I actually valued the partner resort offerings on the power pass over the power alliance last season because power alliance was almost always blacked out on Saturdays.

I have a price lock on a power pass but am wavering on paying for it. I think a UCPA week might be in the cards this winter limiting my usage of the partner days.

Also new URL???

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Friendly reminder that tomorrow is the cutoff to redeem your price lock for a season pass.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
I thought this was about the four corners? Looks like it is about Arizona Snowbowl!

Sponsor