• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Texas

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I just checked on a friend to see if they had evacuated and found they can't get out for a couple days. Pizza delivery can get in though.
FullSizeRender.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, had a little over half of that with Matthew in October and three dams failed, two lakes crushed towns below them with very little warning.. Heard the levees are getting sketchy there now. If I lived downstream from a lake I'd be very nervous still..

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm here now. It's difficult to overestimate how much damage has been done, the photos don't do it justice. On the upside, disasters like this often bring people together (it certainly did in lower manhattan), it's nice to see everyone on the same side these days.
Update as you can.

Tico

Putting on skis
Skier
Things seem to be getting back to normal, although a major beltway is still closed, and portions of Katy are holding water still. Traffic is super bad, seems to be because folks have forgotten how to drive.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tico @TexasStout - how are things coming together for you?
Other than the donations we've made to organizations that are helping, can we do anything else?

Meanwhile, Irma has usurped Harvey in the media. :(

Dang, fires in the north/northwest,
Hurricanes in the south.
I hate to ask "what next?"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dammit! See, I shouldn't have asked.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
@Tico @TexasStout - how are things coming together for you?
Other than the donations we've made to organizations that are helping, can we do anything else?

Meanwhile, Irma has usurped Harvey in the media. :(

Dang, fires in the north/northwest,
Hurricanes in the south.
I hate to ask "what next?"
Sorry for late reply. Things eventually eased up as water receded in the area. We donated cash to relief efforts and some extra furniture to people who lost everything. Lot of folks living in apartments now looking for furniture since theirs were all ruined.

Have been offline awhile on a cruise. We needed a break from work and the storm-related stress and left the country. In Barcelona now enjoying a more laid back atmosphere before heading back to the h-town swamp. Have enjoyed being on the side of the the Atlantic that doesnt get targeted by hurricanes for a couple weeks.

Sponsor

Staff online