• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How about the muscle car coming out in 2020? 1-60 in 1.9 seconds The biggest upside is 600 mile range

But speed has a price..... The first 1000 units are $250,000 then they go down to $200,000

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Would hope it's a bit more finessed than a muscle car - all that power and tech would be a shame if it's just a drag strip racer.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hardly just a "muscle car" but a 4 seat roadster.

raf6cpy8qocflnpjsa12.jpg

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
$200k is OK for a supercar. One thing missing is that sweet V12 sound.

If Tesla can deliver on time, on budget, and make a profit. My wife's cousin sold his Tesla sedan. Couldn't get service. No one else will work on them, and the Tesla shop didn't scale up the service department as they increased sales. It needed things like brakes, window motor, etc. Took way too long to get in. For the trucks, Tesla needs to train & equip mechanics at the trucking companies. The trucks sound like a great innovation...again if he delivers on time, on budget, and makes a profit. No profit eventually means no company.

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
My wife's cousin sold his Tesla sedan. Couldn't get service. No one else will work on them, and the Tesla shop didn't scale up the service department as they increased sales. It needed things like brakes, window motor, etc. Took way too long to get in.
Brakes are a big surprise. With the regen I'm hearing that brakes last at least 4x longer than on a gas car. 2015 and later Model S have had above average reliability per Consumer Reports. Model S through 2013 and the early 2016 Model X had major quality control issues. Did the cousin have an early model or just get unlucky with a later one?

I do have concerns about the service centers. I live 3 miles from the one in Burbank. I've been in there a few times and taken care of quickly, but for scheduled service or minor issues. Theoretically electric cars should need much less servicing and I think Tesla is banking on that. That's why it's better for Tesla to delay Model 3 to iron out production issues. The service centers will not be able to handle a flood of Model 3 QC issues vs. the much smaller volume of early Model S and X.

The self driving feature is nice but kind of defeats the purpose of a sports car.
I'm sure the driver can use it (freeway rush hour) or not (Angeles Crest Hwy). I can tell you that the fun to drive factor is excellent on mountain roads.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This article in the Financial Post yesterday disputes the claims of the Roadsters speed capabilities and the semi's hauling capabilities, saying that the speed is not possible with current battery technology, and that they must be betting on new technology to be discovered before the vehicles are produced.

All very interesting.

http://business.financialpost.com/t...mi-truck-roadster-break-the-laws-of-batteries

Sponsor