• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
Full photo is cool cos it makes you loom like a frikkin giant dominating those puny trees.
That was a big winter, and there was already 10+ feet of snow on the ground so I was basically skiing next to the tree tops as this is hovering just below treeline at about 9800 feet.

In my book, you get extra credit for the ragdoll!
Right?! I wish he took some pictures of it. I remember seeing a touring party skinning up, while upside down in the air, fully extended.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
lucy grapes.jpg

@Drahtguy Kevin - Gives a new meaning to crushing grapes.

View attachment 27448

Grape soda is my favorite.

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I've always thought that looks really dangerous. You would think the sun could undermine the lower layers of snow and cause a massive cave-in.

It's never happened. It's pretty dense, wind compacted snow, and the terrain immediately above is pretty flat, which is why you don't see any epic gap jump attempts, though I almost think it could be done early in the morning when things are refrozen... but not me. No way. ogsmile

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

You worship the ground Mikaela skis on?

"Oh, there's that pole I dropped earlier."?

"What's that boot skiing thing all about anyway"?

"Papparazzi! Duck!"?

Am I close?

"Did you see that? I totally missed my pole plant."

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
So to continue with skibob's captions for ski nurse's avatar:

"I'll do anything to get into a Warren Miller film. Did you get this on tape?" (BTW, that pic really is pure Warren Miller)

"This is me demonstrating the Face Plant Pushup for an up coming workout video".

To paraphrase the bluegrass band, The Dillards: "Watch out, it'd slicker than deer guts on a door knob out here".

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
snowbird, february 2016. my buddy and I just skied down boundary bowl area. the hike up to the ridge to access this area really took it out of me (yay for living at sea level....blergh).

CharlieP

Putting on skis
Skier
Good idea. I'll try to remember to do it the next time I'm up there. Too bad this thread didn't happen yesterday. I was there for an overnighter last night and I could have shot it then. I'm going back in a couple of weeks to do some maintenance so it will have to wait at least until then.

Aug 13, 2017

Hi Posaune:

What are you going to call the little wind up skier? Something like PugSki Man, brother of PSIA Man? :) :) :)

Think snow,

CP

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
I change my avatar depending on the season. This shot is from May 2015 at Ubly Dragway, located in Michigan's thumb. The car will cover the quarter mile in 9.62 seconds at 134 MPH. After Labor Day I will switch back to a skiing pic. I promise.

Karl

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Aug 13, 2017

Hi Posaune:

What are you going to call the little wind up skier? Something like PugSki Man, brother of PSIA Man? :) :) :)

Think snow,

CP
His name is Phil. (no, not THAT Phil)
And, unfortunately, I was just there yesterday and totally forgot about making a video. Someday.

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
First big powder day last year (I think late November/early December 2016). It snowed about 25 cms overnight and early morning- this was in the afternoon, and it had pretty much all turned to chop and big bumps by then, but the visibility had really improved. I was just really really happy - and I just paused to admire the beautiful overcast, and enjoy thesnow falling around me. and SO snapped a photo of me. But I remember that moment as just being blissful.

IMG_4031.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online