• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Sweet Protection Discesa RS LE

StoicDude

Booting up
Skier
New addition for me.
Fit and finish:
This is Sweet Protection' s top of the line helmet. The LE edition refers to a special paint color and the choice is orange and green. I chose the green because the metallic and pearlescent really popped on this one.
The basic colorways are Sweet''s traditional black and white.
This, like my other Sweet helmet, is finished flawlessly. The paint appears very thick and the carbon is inlaid perfectly.
The liner and the finish between the shell and the eps liner is also excellent.

Venting:
There are no adjustable vents and there are no visible vents. The helmet has channel inside the helmet, like a motorcycle helmet, so I assume that is part of the ventilation, but there is nothing that really vents visibly to the outside.
I will certainly report on how the helmet holds up in that regard.

Safety:
This helmet has the MIPS liner and is also FIS RH2013 certified.
Protection wise this is supposed to be top of the line. With the ratings and the carbon shell, I believe the hype.
One of the other features that is common on motorcycle helmets that I have not seen on other helmet's is the medical professional tabs for removal of the helmet.
You can pull on the tabs to remove the area around the ears so that the helmet can be removed easier.
I am not sure if this is available in any other ski helmet.
Sweet Protection utilizes different thickness on the eps liner and on the shell in order to best fit the shape and protection of our heads.
The helmet also has a reinforcwent in the front section that is supposed to be able to take multiple gate hits without affecting the protection properties of the helmet.

Fit:
This is a long oval fit in my opinion, which serves most of the public fairly well. I use this description because that is what I am used in motorcycle helmets.
This is a size M/L and it fits me the same as the Grimnir. The Grimnir actually fits a bit better because it has the adjustable ratcheting system which the Discesa does not have.
The Discesa comes with pads that can be attached to the liner to adjust the fit.

MSRP is $750. Regular Discesa RS is $650.

I will update this more when I take it out tomorrow and if anybody remembers something I forgot , please let me know.

Attachments

• 20170104_162034.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
TS
StoicDude

StoicDude

Booting up
Skier
20170104_201017.jpg 20170104_201037.jpg 20170104_201138.jpg 20170104_201153.jpg 20170104_201455.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid