• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Summer workout stokage!

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Post up what you've been doing to keep the stoke going so winter creep up again and kick yer butt next year like it did last year. Maybe that was just me though:)

me: Gym workouts which is boring the crap out of me. The usual leg presses etc etc.

Splitting wood.

Outdoors as often as possible. Hikes with the new puppy anywhere. Solo hike up with 60 lbs of gear and climb the lower pitches of a long climbing route we recently finished. While out there I've been chainsawing the logs that have fallen over the road up into rounds.

Attachments

• Tower solo rainy start 6 3 17.jpg
    Tower solo rainy start 6 3 17.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 13

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My week:

Mountain bike 8-10 h, lift for upper body and core twice, lower body once for maintenance, stretch 1h four times a week, climb 3 times a week.

Then twice a year, 6 weeks of heavy lower body weights, in October for the ski season, and may for the mountain bike season.

I keep the lower body weight work in the ski season too, once a week. 5 reps, heavy weights, this way i don't get sore.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I added the leg blaster routine to my preseason regimen last year. Actually, I ran across the linked page below a couple of years ago but it looked too painful. However, adding leg blasters last fall put me into better shape for this past ski season than I have been in recent memory (this getting old crap is not for the faint of heart). I like how Rob Shaul goes through the rationale for eccentric leg strength in the discussion preceding the video demo. I've kept the exercise in my gym rotation this summer, though with fewer reps than I was doing in the run-up to last season.

https://www.backcountry.com/explore/train-eccentric-leg-strength-for-alpine-skiing

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Swimming, biking, running, hiking; trying to regain the fitness I lost during the 5 month ski season. Well,cycling fitness I lost over two years of being burnt out on cycling, but I'm trying to fix that, because I think it helps my skiing. Also doing some strength training at home.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Oh, dang it! I promised myself I'd start earlier this year and here it is July 18th and the only conditioning I've done is lifting the potato chips to my mouth. OK. the workouts start tonight! Running, Mountain biking, hiking, speed ladder interval workout (which I used to call tabata but apparently that isn't right), aerobics with jumping (which I used to call plyometrics but apparently that isn't right either), weight training, core exercises, and yoga are in my regular regimen.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I like riding a road bike... I can suffer a lot to go fast. :) And back on foredeck a bit too. Gym, sure.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I work on my Christmas tree farm. Hacking at trees, digging holes, spreading gravel, fixing roads, cutting and hauling firewood, mowing 12 acres with a walk-behind tractor, etc. I seem to be ready to go once the snow flies even though I don't do a city style "workout."

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I thought this was fully represented by the Mountain Biking thread :huh:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When not engaged in @Chris Walker's potato chip workout, only with pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts or cashews substitutions, I try to fit in some Hiking, Trail Running or Inline Skating.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
You can't be serious! Workout stokage???

Workout to me falls into category of "chores": things I have to do but rather not do... No stokage from me.
Sounds like my summer, I have painted four rooms and up and down the ladder moving the furniture etc. Owning a house will keep you busy all summer.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Riding! (suffering on the hills)

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 9.42.07 PM.png

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not really best year for me being sporty. Instead of on mtb, in running shoes, inline speed skates or ice hockey skates, I'm spending most of my days smashing walls, putting electric cables, plumbing, painting walls and similar crappy stuff, so that our new house will be finally ready. But I still managed to get few nice days on my mtb or running around in forest and mountains. Unfortunately not even 50% of what I normally do, but luckily house works are slowly coming to an end, and in month or two, we will finally get our lives back so we can both get back into mountains on bike or running shoes, plus we can enjoy coffee in garden of new house :D
So my main occupation in last 8 months:
hisa.jpg
And result of that little spare time left since last day on skis in this season (20th of April):
Screenshot-2017-7-19 Progress - Polar Flow.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's too hot outside.. And, my back hurts. Last weekend did pull a 140 pound AC unit out of the wall, put it in the car, excanged it for a new replacement unit, put it back in the wall.. probably why my back hurts.

We go walk 3 miles a couple times a week. Also have weekly mowing and edging. Do more when it either the temp or humidity get below 90.

Go play stick and puck at the local ice rink about once a month... About the only fun and healthy thing to do when it's dangerously hot outside.

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
PT, ripped off half of my hamstring waterskiing two weeks ago. Working on building that back up in time for ski season ...