• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Rather than start a new thread: can anyone suggest good cheap lodging around Stowe, and maybe a local place for an AWD rental car? I'm planning to go out there in mid-February.

Cheap , mid February and Stowe are not three words often used together. That's the height of school vacation time (i.e., President's Week) which is historically one of the busiest weeks of the year. The official booking site is http://www.gostowe.com/, although the various booking websites (expedia, hotels.com, etc) also list some properties. Town and Country and the Stowe Motel and Snowdrift come to mind as clean, basic, comfortable accommodations in town.

I would think your best (only?) bet for rentals cars is in Burlington, Vermont which is about an hour from Stowe.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've had good luck with booking.com for Stowe, although I 've always just a week or two ahead. I'm guessing excess rooms get dumped on the aggregators later rather than sooner. And yeah, little excess during Feb school vacation week.

Every place I've stayed on the Mountain Road has been fine. Some Spartan, some luxe, but no problems.

James

Out There
Instructor
Rather than start a new thread: can anyone suggest good cheap lodging around Stowe, and maybe a local place for an AWD rental car? I'm planning to go out there in mid-February.
I've stayed at the Innsbruck Inn. Pretty reasonable, but that was in late March. They have breakfast- it's good, and hot with a choice. They also have cookies and coffee/tea in the afternoon after skiing. It's still like a 1970's motel there, but decent. And close.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We ended up booking a room in Burlington at a decent rate, the drive won't be too bad with good company but I'll be solo Thursday and Friday (2/15-16). Hoping I can stop by Renoun in the morning the first day... hey, does anyone know if there's a cigar bar with decent food?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah no place in Stowe where smoking is allowed inside. Hell not sure anywhere in Vermont. I havent found it it thankfully

What days are you skiing?

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
yeah no place in Stowe where smoking is allowed inside. Hell not sure anywhere in Vermont. I havent found it it thankfully

What days are you skiing?
2/15-18. My nephew and a buddy are driving up from Jersey Friday night.

Guess we'll have to burn the Habanos I'm bringing out in the cold. Bummer.

Sponsor

Staff online