• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have to read both web links. The first regarding the theft and the second about the find.

Colorful ending to a colorful tale. SWAT team to recover a stolen, vintage snow cat from some yahoo in Grand Junction. Can't make this stuff up.

I needed a good laugh today.....Thanks again PugSki for delivering!!!

I would like to amend the story:

"...Cuervo has several outstanding warrants for his arrest that include felony warrants. Cuervo is described as a white male, 180 pounds, and 6-foot-1, with an IQ of 32. Anyone with information on his whereabouts or sees him is asked to call 911 immediately."

Really, t send in a SWAT Team for a barricaded perp and he gets away.
Those Colorado cops must be smoking the good kine.

I guess they out witted by the IQ of 32.

I guarantee you weed was somehow involved in this incident.

It takes large amounts of alcohol to do something that stupid!

Nah. They would have just giggled and never actually gone through with it. Definitely a job for booze.
The more I read the more I :roflmao:

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
So we're having some suds after blazing a stained one and I was like "woah a Gen Lee cat"??? I got to get me some of that, "hey look a squirrel" "Dude where's my car?"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@jimmy could you see something like this happening at the ski house at a-basin?
@Drahtguy Kevin - I've always wanted to own my own cat
@jimmy - Anyone know where we can find one
@Doug Briggs - I know where there's a cat. No one is using it.
@Tricia - I think I can remember how to start a piece of heavy machinery without a key.
@dean_spirito - Duuuude, that would be so cool
In unison - Whooo hoooo, lets go get a cat!!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
https://www.theinertia.com/mountain/this-general-lee-sno-cat-was-stolen-facebook-helped-get-it-back/

"Well, the other day, he and his groms showed up to use the cat but the big machine was missing, ghosted away in the Colorado night. Of course before calling police, he posted to his minions on Facebook that the cat had been stolen.
That started a domino affect as vigilante internet justice went full bore. Some 30 people messaged Brandenburg that they’d seen the cat being towed behind a tiny Toyota truck on I-70.
Then a woman near Grand Junction saw the cat and followed it to the theif’s abode before notifying local sheriffs. Police surrounded 27-year-old Jason Cuervo’s residence. Cuervo then barricaded himself inside before a SWAT team showed up. Somehow, Cuervo escaped, how he escaped isn’t readily clear given that he was surrounded by Colorado’s finest. But the cat was recovered along with other stolen merchandise."

John Brandeburg, co-owner.
"Turns out, there was a stolen Ski Doo 850 found in 'Cuervo 1800's' garage with the cat. (This story just keeps getting weirder!) The snowmobile happens to belong to our good friend Mason of Weston Snowboards. You cannot make this stuff up, lol"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Something like this, only replace rescue the division to making a booze run. :rocks::beercheer:

@jimmy : We're out of booze.
@Tricia : We may have to resort to drinking water
@Doug Briggs : We can take the neighbors cat to get more booze
@Drahtguy Kevin Its not like we're going to Japan, its like going to Wisconsin
@dean_spirito : I got my ass kicked in Wisconsin!

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Don't have to go that far. Green Bay is closer. Zellers Ski and Sports has one inside and it still works. :)

26171431_10156104851199479_6366873472348324721_o.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Something like this, only replace rescue the division to making a booze run. :rocks::beercheer:

Jimmy: We're out of booze.
Tricia: We may have to resort to drinking water
Doug: We can take the neighbors cat to get more booze
Kevin: Its not like we're going to Japan, its like going to Wisconsin
Dean: I got my ass kicked in Wisconsin!

Mountain Manager: Where the $#&*'s my cat? Where - ? *Where's* *my* *cat*? Hey, where's the Tucker?
Parking lot Duuuude:: A couple of ski bums took it to get it washed sir.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I just read adv article about Tucker cats. They are extremely valuable. That one looked mint. There is a mini one at a ski shop in Steamboat. Mt Hood had one too. I stole a Tucker cat pin from their gift shop. :duck:

Not really, I paid for it. :roflmao:

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
“We believe it was taken this morning.“

My questions is how could you not be sure when you lost it? Even lower IQ, drugs and alcohol???????

Sponsor

Staff online