• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Stockli Laser SL with system bindings - maybe for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Thinking of selling these skis. Skied twice on them. Amazing skis.

165 length. Bindings can be adjusted to any size.

Link deleted, skis are not available from Stockli. Retail for $1,498.

Will post pictures if I decide to sell, testing the waters.

One step down from FIS. Thinking of maybe $1,200 shipped?

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
007_LASER_SL_BIND-NSP12TI-RED-KOLL17_18-Bsm1.jpg
Stock image. Skis are in like new condition.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Steve and me used to be able to swop skis. His bsl is too small now, which is good for me. I don’t want to try these...

(I’ve drooled over these skis in person. Yikes they are gorgeous.)

Please do not make me look at them again.

Not want.

Nope.

:)

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
@Steve,

These are this year's ski, aren't they? 2017-2018?

I think if they are sold out, and unobtainable, that a twice used ski is basically "skied in", and assuming they were prepped well might be better that the brand new in the shrink wrap pair.

Probably supply and demand at play. Nice ski.

Last edited:

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Steve takes good care of his skis. I know only two days, but I bought a pair from him a couple years ago and they were in great shape with many more days on them. These things probably glow.

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Thanks guys. Yes all in all the price I posted probably is too high. Still not even sure I'm selling them. Going to ski on them once more. They're a bit of a technical ski and I also have the Laser SC's which are a great carver and more of a jazz ski, and thus more my style.

I'd take $1,000 + shipping.

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
These are the 2017 model and are unavailable as far as I can find anywhere.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Steve and me used to be able to swop skis. His bsl is too small now, which is good for me. I don’t want to try these...

(I’ve drooled over these skis in person. Yikes they are gorgeous.)

Please do not make me look at them again.

Not want.

Nope.

:)

System bindings — they fit any bsl. Not off the hook yet. :D

@Tricia — devil emoji?

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I skied the Powder Blues today, told them it was their last chance to convince me to keep them.

Someone will have to pry them out of my dying hands at this point. Just too good a ski to let go. My desire for the money be damned, I guess I'll have to find another way to get those $'s!

NO LONGER FOR SALE!

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
What are the practical on-snow feel differences between this and the FIS version?

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I can't say, but I'd assume the FIS is stiffer.

If you didn't notice these aren't for sale anymore.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I tried the Stockli Laser SL (non FIS version) at the Stowe demo day a week or two ago. I posted something in a thread about "500,000 turns later, I was at the bottom thinking I was Mikaela". I found it to make one turn shape, but it did that one shape superbly. I found it very connected to the snow and while there was some serious power behind it, the power was easily controlled. For what it is, it's forgiving. (Note: I was trying to ski it like it was a slalom race ski... I have the Laser SC and I wanted to see how they compare).

I've done my beer league races on various FIS slaloms over the years... All the FIS slaloms I've been on have had the capability to come out of a turn with a catapult-like velocity that simply is not comparable to anything else I've been on. It's night-and-day difference between FIS slaloms and their citizen counterparts.

I think I'm a decent skier, but for me, FIS skis are simply not fun to free-ski on. They are such high-strung specialized tools that it just isn't "fun" Skiing on their citizen counterparts is fun. That's my experience... other skiers might have different opinions.

Reactions: JMD

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I tried the Stockli Laser SL (non FIS version) at the Stowe demo day a week or two ago. I posted something in a thread about "500,000 turns later, I was at the bottom thinking I was Mikaela". I found it to make one turn shape, but it did that one shape superbly. I found it very connected to the snow and while there was some serious power behind it, the power was easily controlled. For what it is, it's forgiving. (Note: I was trying to ski it like it was a slalom race ski... I have the Laser SC and I wanted to see how they compare).

I've done my beer league races on various FIS slaloms over the years... All the FIS slaloms I've been on have had the capability to come out of a turn with a catapult-like velocity that simply is not comparable to anything else I've been on. It's night-and-day difference between FIS slaloms and their citizen counterparts.

I think I'm a decent skier, but for me, FIS skis are simply not fun to free-ski on. They are such high-strung specialized tools that it just isn't "fun" Skiing on their citizen counterparts is fun. That's my experience... other skiers might have different opinions.

sorry, got to disagree Kevin. In my experience the Non-FIS ones are sort of ....meh...in comparison...

Status
Not open for further replies.