• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
there are deals on tickets at Steamboat; there was just a 3 day pass for 179$.

My understanding as that these are only available at pre-season ski sales and that you have to be there in person to pick them up?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
the resort was offering this. Whats wrong with picking them up when you arrive? We are on RFID now so you need to get your picture taken anyway.

You should really call the main office to see what deals are available. I dont know all the details of this package but for instance:

https://www.steamboat.com/plan-your-trip/deals-and-packages/svip

sVIP 25% Package 17-18 - Lodging & Lifts Included
Steamboat VIPs get the best deal on lodging and lift tickets, with savings of up to 25% off, or upgrade to the sVIP 8-day pass for $599. For 8-day pass holders, receive up to 25% off lodging and sVIP Experiences.

• Valid for stays December 16, 2017- April 1, 2018
• 25% off lodging & lift tickets December 16-22, 2017, and January 4- April 1, 2018
• 10% off lodging & lift tickets December 23, 2017 - January 3, 2018
• Last day to book is October 13, 2017

• Minimum 4 nights lodging, 3-day lift tickets
• Receive free VIP Experiences with purchase of the sVIP 25% Package.
• Receive resort discounts on SnowSports School, Rentals, on-mountain dining, and more.
• Receive 30% off ski and snowboard rentals from Steamboat Ski & Sport if added through October 13, 2017. For rentals added after October 13, receive 20% off at Steamboat Ski & Sport.
• Receive 30% off lessons* and childcare if added through October 13, 2017. For lessons* and childcare added after October 13, receive 20% off at Steamboat SnowSports School (*private lessons not included.)
• Kids 12 and under ski free when a parent purchases a lift ticket for 5-days or more
• Discounts on lodging may vary by date and property.
• Offer not valid on existing reservations or with any other offer or discount.
Available From:Saturday Dec 16, 2017until Sunday Apr 1, 2018
Book Until:Friday Oct 13, 2017
4 night stay required.

Last edited:

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
is $438.00 enough to to switch to Loveland?
It's a pretty no-brainer!

Loveland a nice mountain in its own right. Different from Steamboat it maybe, it's well worth sampling, FOR FREE.

Georgetown definitely beats Dillon in price and elevation (the lack of, that is). But if you want night life, or choice of places to eat, Dillon/Frisco wins.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Other's have already commented on Steamboat and Loveland being totally different experiences, so I won't rehash.

Steamboat is only a couple hours north of Loveland - so one option would be to drive up, stay a night in Denver or Georgetown, hit loveland for the day and then finish up in Steamboat.

If you really wanted a sampler you could go Loveland -> Winter Park -> Steamboat, and ski a day at each before heading up to Whitefish.

I was going to suggest this as well. Driving from Loveland to Steamboat after a day of skiing is super easy (barring a big storm) or you could stay in Dillon then drive to Steamboat in the morning.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Fuller

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
OK, here's the basic plan: since the primary motivation is saving a few bucks we'll get a room in Dillon and ski Loveland for two or three days if it suits our fancy. If Loveland sucks for whatever reason we still have options to ski Copper, Keystone or A Basin none of which I have skied before. and we won't have to change lodging to do it. The only downside is that I won't be able to get a Buffalo Burger and a beer at Rex's in Steamboat which somehow has become a tradition. They probably do a good breakfast though and we could hit it on the way to Whitefish.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm getting excited about skiing, my legs are super fit and I'm ready to charge it in January!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
you should sign up for the newsletters and emails from the resort. They often release limited time deals like that one.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
OK, here's the basic plan: since the primary motivation is saving a few bucks we'll get a room in Dillon...
!
If the objective is to sample 1 or 2 mountains for minimal expense, Georgetown would be a better bet. It gives you easy access to Loveland (for free) or A-basin (for less than Copper or the other Vail resorts).

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
OK, here's the basic plan: since the primary motivation is saving a few bucks we'll get a room in Dillon and ski Loveland for two or three days if it suits our fancy. If Loveland sucks for whatever reason we still have options to ski Copper, Keystone or A Basin none of which I have skied before. and we won't have to change lodging to do it. The only downside is that I won't be able to get a Buffalo Burger and a beer at Rex's in Steamboat which somehow has become a tradition. They probably do a good breakfast though and we could hit it on the way to Whitefish.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm getting excited about skiing, my legs are super fit and I'm ready to charge it in January!

Will you be there midweek? Or have you not planned that far? If you are skiing on a Friday let me know!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid