• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm "officially" done for the season today. I still might sneak in a day or two in June/July just for the novelty value.

32 days this season. All at Tahoe mountains-
Sierra (12), Squaw (6), Northstar (6), Kirkwood (3), Heavenly (2), Sugar Bowl (2), Diamond Peak (1)

Amazing season! :golfclap:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been stuck at 31 since May 8. Mine were also all in Tahoe, but just three resorts:
Squaw (13), Alpine (11), Northstar (7). I might get a few more...but it was an amazing season!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
92 yesterday at Rose and 93 will be today closing it out with a tailgate partly. We are living Mt. Rose it is our A-Basin here is Tahoe, similar mountain with a similar vibe.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Not sure if my season is over or on another hiatus as I had between Easter and May 18/19 (Squaw/Rose) and May 27/28 (Mammoth).

I'm at 51 days which is down one from 2015-16. My season included 12 days at Heavenly and Kirkwood, 7 days at Northstar, 4 days at Whistler Blackcomb, 2 days at Alta, Bachelor, Mammoth, Park City and Squaw plus single days at Altabird, Mt Baker*, Mt Hood Meadows*, Mt Rose,Sierra-at-Tahoe, Stevens Pass* and White Pass*.
Notes: *=new to me area and on January 23 I skied untracked at both Northstar and Heavenly.

Besides all the powder days, season highlights included having my wife join me at Whistler Gathering in March, at Alta in April and for trip to Mammoth for Memorial Day weekend.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Day 99 with @dean_spirito , @SBrown and others.

20170529_115519_1_crop.jpg

@dean_spirito airing it out.

20170529_115520_7_crop.jpg

@z

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
37 for me this season. 60/40% Park City and Deer Valley.

I was going for 45, BUT I wrecked myself twice, second time kept me off the slopes for a 2 weeks. I "Ostriched" the shit out of myself. I somehow got my head and shoulders through my ski tips without releasing. Partially tore my deltoid when I drove my shoulder through my right ski. Knocked the air out of myself and jacked up both my hamstrings. SOMEHOW nothing major happened. I wasn't drunk but it was so unexpected that I had that drunken body type crash were you fare better than someone not drunk. I'll post a pic so you can see how far down my arm the skis went. Keep in mind they never released!
05-19-2017 116.jpg

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am at 53, lowest since I retired. 44 Sun Valley, 4 Bachelor, 1 Sunshine, 1 Lake Louise, 1 Nakiska, 2 Mammoth.
Thinking about going out to Timberline (Mt Hood) for a few more days later this week, as the waether forecast looks favorable and I have never been there.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
37 for me this season. 60/40% Park City and Deer Valley.

I was going for 45, BUT I wrecked myself twice, second time kept me off the slopes for a 2 weeks. I "Ostriched" the shit out of myself. I somehow got my head and shoulders through my ski tips without releasing. Partially tore my deltoid when I drove my shoulder through my right ski. Knocked the air out of myself and jacked up both my hamstrings. SOMEHOW nothing major happened. I wasn't drunk but it was so unexpected that I had that drunken body type crash were you fare better than someone not drunk. I'll post a pic so you can see how far down my arm the skis went. Keep in mind they never released! View attachment 25000

That's a bummer. As a ski tech I have to ask: have you had the bindings checked before or since the accident? Were you able to determine why the bindings didn't release? I sincerely ask to learn, not to criticize.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey JMD. Nice to see you double your post count!!
@Chriscray That looks painful!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
117 today for me. It helps I am retired and live in Summit County Colorado. I can confirm Nay was taking a break at 11am. I reconized his skis against his ride as I left the Basin lot.

Yea, that was a true story ogsmile

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Can we retitle this "The humblebrag thread"? ;-)

agreen

Getting on the lift
Skier
I think my season just ended. Would love to make it back up to Mammoth but not sure its in the cards. That makes:

3 days Silver mtn, ID with Pete. Thanks Pete!
2 days Mtn High both powder days in so cal!
1 day Loveland
2 days A Basin
9 days Mammoth

total = 17 woohoo!!! c'mon retirement hurry up

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
That's a bummer. As a ski tech I have to ask: have you had the bindings checked before or since the accident? Were you able to determine why the bindings didn't release? I sincerely ask to learn, not to criticize.

I'm a tech too. I just like high settings. I HATE skiing out of bindings. They are newer Salomon Z12's, DIN's at 10. My 3+ on the chart is 9.5. It was a weird crash, wasnt going fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online