• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today, Friday, makes 30 powder resort days out of 78 total for the season.
Still a bit below my average season total so far due to life's little bumpstickles, but am hoping for mid-nineties at least.

Not sure I'll have the legs left to go out tomorrow - but maybe. :)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Day 32. Joined a friend celebrating his birthday at Luv. I am really sick of my knee curtailing my ski days! We found some great snow in the trees, but my knee wasn't having it for more than a couple of runs.

Oh - Good news! I fell. New-to-me trees, two quick turns, then a surprise long/steep turn. I took it, then tried too hard to slow down and ended up in the snow. A lot of snow, so no problem, although it would have been a problem if anyone had followed me down that turn.

This is good news because it demonstrates that my injury is not making me excessively conservative. What I find is that I still enjoy skiing aggressive terrain and want to push myself. What's different now is that I listen to my body and stop earlier than I normally would. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
(A couple day belated) 37...

IMG_5381.JPG
IMG_5389.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
78 at Snowbird. Skied with the ********* guys testing some 2019 skis. Conditions were in mid winter form...nice and chalky.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm done at 47 days. Finished the weekend off at Killington. K'ton will still be going for a little bit but it's May 1st today and by this point spring calendar is filled up starting off this weekend when my ski school employee party BBQ is saturday and we're seeing The Cult Sunday. Lots of fun things planned for May. It was a great season for me as I passed my level 1 and skied some new mountains along with my usual ones. Skied with some great girls around the country.

Here's my breakdown
Butternut (15)
Bromley (9)
Mount Snow (6)
Killington (5)
Lake Louise (2)
Sunshine Village (2)
Sugarbush (2)
Arizona Snowbowl (2)
Loon (1)
Mont Sutton (1)
Mont Orford (1)
Owls Head (1)

Last season I hit 32 days, this season was 47 and my goal next season is to get between 50 and 60 days.

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 30 for Betsy's birthday at Loveland. This matches last year's total with at least 4 more days scheduled next week. Then the question will become whether August's turns in Chile count for 2016/2017 or 2017/2018.

IMG_0489.JPG

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
So 143 this is my probably my year end, finally remembered to go grab the total from WhistlerBlackcomb+ this morning. Been home a couple weeks now. It's the only place I skied this year. Nothing was open before I went up and looks like I'll not make the mothers day bash this year.

WB+Yearend.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online