• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
34. Too many other skiers.

IMG_5113.JPG
IMG_5115.JPG
IMG_5116.JPG
IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5124.JPG

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5128.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yesterday's ski around before the employee party was day 100 for me! First 100 day season. Off snow for a couple of weeks to repair relations with the non-skiing spouse, then a couple more days at the Basin. And, perhaps, a trip to Mammoth/Squaw/Alpine Meadows...

Mike

Congrats!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yesterday was my Mean Joe Greene Day at Mt. Rose:

Joe-Greene.png

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 31.....Sugarloaf. Corn snow, temps in 50's, bluebird. Great weekend (Friday-Sunday April 14-16) to end the season with @tinymoose . Sunday followed a rainy night and produced lots of water hazards, crevasses, and firm compacted bumps, making for some adventurous technical skiing, but the first 2 days we had hero snow and soft luscious bumps.....magnificent. Here's a pic from the top of White Nitro taken on Saturday, April 15.
IMG_3539.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
220px-76_Orange_Logo.svg.png

A fun day at Mt. Rose, it skied firm then really good in The Chutes. @Andy Mink had a different view of the day.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Reactions: nay

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
images

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

Just. A. Little. Grabby. All. Day. Long.

IMG_5318.JPG
IMG_5319.JPG

So after finding some lubricated bits, we rocked Chair 2 for like 4 laps. Killed it half speed.

There were never-evers out there today. We literally took 5 laps of Ptarmigan and watched this poor guy make it about 50 yards each lap. Another guy had girlfriend down, and she would smear maybe 20 feet per lap. Awesome.

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Day 34 closing day @ Crystal

The first two runs were rock hard groomers but then the snow softened quickly and even off piste was getting nice by 10 am. Got in lots of nice turns, and one nice crash which was right under the chairlift (as always). Ended the day by threading our way through sticky snow on the lower part of the mountain and some bare spots that seemingly were growing right in front of our eyes.

Hoping to get in another quick trip to Mt Bachelor for some sun and corn...

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Day 31 - Breckenridge closing day. My knee was exceptionally cranky today, but I did manage to ski one really spectacular run of slush bumps on Amen. Spent a lot of time just hanging out and enjoying the sun.

The view of E Chair runs (closed) from Amen. *sigh* :
20170423_121123.jpg

Partial view of the Breck Plunge
20170423_134157.jpg

Ambush-hugged my friend Kevin, who has taught me *so* much about skiing across many years, and spent the afternoon chilling on the deck with him and his student.
20170423_150235.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online