• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
# 51 and NO the Camera is Not tilted... N. Bowl Revelstoke

CIMG0403.JPG
CIMG0407.JPG

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Day 15: Sunday at Loveland. Got there in afternoon so lot of the powder from night before was very tracked up. Was able to find a couple spots that hadn't been touched. Fun day guiding some friends around the Luv.

Won't be back in time to get any more use out of my RMSP+ this season so will hit up Luv or A Basin on next trip at end of April.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
Day 38 at Sunshine Village. Incredible day. About 10 - 15 cm overnight, some late morning sunshine, then a few more cm early this afternoon (with a brief period of annoying flat light on Goats Eye). All over the hill, in the trees, and the beautiful, soft bumps. Heard my edges scrape only once all day as the crowds were too small to ski off the snow. The skiing was so good I forgot to take a photo.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
"Participated" in the POD Cup, a race among Breck's three Ski School locker rooms (Points of Departure) today, my 106th on the snow for the season. I'm not a racer, so I just made nice round turns through the course. Found out after that we're no longer getting POD points for participating.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Day 29. The snow was AWFUL (This is where @Doug Briggs will chime in, saying that X and Y were actually quite nice). Tried B50, tried a couple runs in Horseshoe. Liftie told me that Whale's Tail was open, but it was not ... but, you know, I got my first vertiginous experience of the season.

As I walked back to the condo, graupel fell on me.

Questioning that there could possibly be enough snow overnight to fix it, but I'm pretty sure the crowds will be massive regardless.

(Sorry - kind of in a bad mood that I'd really hoped skiing would lift.)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I was coaching at Cooper today. The snow on Black Powder was...

...actually quite nice. A day skiing beats...

A friend reported corn at Beaver Creek. I guess I just chose the wrong mountain ...

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Yesterday was the tenth anniversary of the day I slammed into a tree, breaking my helmet and both wrists. Recovery was long. Happy to say I survived the day this time. Only found one trail worth repeating yesterday, and because it wasn't covered in edge to edge chickenheads, grooming anomalies, and slop, and the hardpack was fairly acceptable, I hit it five times. Before that, I'd attempted to keep up with a Super Senior friend of mine, who was just flying across this sea of chickenheads, while my head was doing my post accident "Do you want to hit a tree at this speed? Then slow down and let him go." mantra. (I didn't realize what day it was, my head just always says this now.). After six or so runs, we split up and I could do what I enjoyed even if it was only one trail. Later returned to the base area to find total swamp conditions and left. It was only when Facebook told me what day it was that I knew.

Day 64.
17635186_10155063208612488_2043256515064278463_o.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I think my season is done at 44 days after getting Influenza A while out in Breckenridge halfway through our trip. :nono:

So much for getting a flu shot in the fall. I got 4 days from bed of watching others enjoying themselves.

Visiting Urgent Care at the base of Peak 9 was quite entertaining. For instance, one teen snowboarder was telling the doctor he crashed after getting 10 feet of air, and then hearing his buddies in the waiting room burst into laughter saying "Yeah, right, 10 feet of air!"

Small 1952.jpg

Last edited:

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Day 39 at mount snow yesterday. Fun powder day. Went down some new trails and was feeling adventurous. I also hit 23.5 mph which is a record for me. I've always been a slow conservative skier who lacks confidence but i have worked hard this past year and with that comes done confidence and increase of speed. It was also beer fest day so it was all a lot of fun.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 48 for me today and probably the last for the year as it was Bristol's closing day.Good deck party with ski buds! Nice ending to a less than stellar year here in the Finger Lakes.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
It's all over! It's all over! It's...All...Over! Wonderful final day at Blue Mountain today. The sky was blue, the snow was soft and there was a general excitement for the final day. So much fun but with the expectation of more to come next year. This has been an awesome year and it has been great finding the Pugski Forum. The final number is the same number that Sir Charles, "the round mound of rebound" wore for a spell:
32.jpg

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Day 29 @ Crystal 02 Apr
Full crew, half day. Typical spring weather, one minute we were bathed in sunshine while snow flurries blew in from nearby clouds, the next it was completely cloudy but with no snow falling. The sun never came out long enough to soften the groomers, let alone off trail, so we bailed at 2pm, deciding to save our energy for spring break skiing next week at Mt Bachelor.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Day 40 with a great closing ski day at Bromley. 45 and sunny with my Volkl 90Eight Ws being the perfect ski for today. The thing about spring skiing is this. It's not about speeding down the trail. You just need to adjust your mindset. You are grandma and grandpa out for the Sunday drive. Turn, carve, take it slow and enjoy the gorgeous day. Its not about speed, its about cruising and being grateful that you are lucky enough to get to do this for fun. I might have an advantage in this scenario because I'm a finesse, cruiser type of skier anyway. I love spring skiing for what it is and that is enjoying being with friends, making some nice, fun, controlled turns and just being outsude. I don't speed, I work on technique and just slow It down. We had our employee party at the mountain today and it was really the prefect cap to a great spring skiing day. I'm going to bed happy tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online