• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 16-17: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Day 4 at the Basin. Tons of racers and PSIA/AASI instructors that should be at LL, all congregating in large groups in awkward places and training GS on the WROD. Today was probably the second busiest day of the season, next to opening day. Still had fun, but I'm ready for more terrain/resorts to open already. WROD skiing is getting old.

Emil

Putting on skis
Skier
A 1/10th of a day. Two laps skinning on local bunny hill on Friday evening. Boot deep powder with no base. On skis a month earlier than planned.

Attachments

• 20161104_203438.jpg
    20161104_203438.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 14
  • 20161104_201236.jpg
    20161104_201236.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Ron

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Day 11 with last Fri/Sat/Sun providing top to Bottom poaching and memorable October runs. Slowly getting used to the daily grind. Hard to fuel the stoke with so many still on the sidelines.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
If August 2016 belongs to the new season, then it is 8 days so far. If it belongs to the old one, then it's 7 days.
Pretty much good, compared to 2015-2016 season where I just logged a mere 24-25days in total, counting a day of AT in May...I hope this season to get back to a more customary 35-40 or to better that and reach the next "knowledge gate".

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We've got global warming going on over here....not even the sound of snow guns yet.

While you guys are at it, why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Yesterday was day 5 on the 16/17 season. I spent the morning at A Bay and the afternoon at Copper. Super fun day! Tomorrow will be day 6 for my 30th birthday. No big deal. But join us at the Basin for the Beach Party of the century (or at least the last 3 decades?). Guaranteed good time!!!!! :daffy:

babanff

Out on the slopes
Industry Insider
Day 1 was on skins, day 2 was in a heli... day 3 I sucked it up and rode chairlifts, sooooo pedestrian :). Lovely turns at Sunshine today... surprisingly good coverage and lots of terrain open for November, even enjoyed some fresh tracks.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 1 was on skins, day 2 was in a heli... day 3 I sucked it up and rode chairlifts, sooooo pedestrian :). Lovely turns at Sunshine today... surprisingly good coverage and lots of terrain open for November, even enjoyed some fresh tracks.
:drool: You win.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Day 1 at Copper today. First 3 runs were good. The rest were scary.

Nice bumping into you today! Couldn't agree more. The first run we took from top to bottom was amazing. Tons of soft man made everywhere and enough vertical to really get into a rhythm. But by 10:30am I was just about over it. If I wasn't coaching, I probably would have found a comfy barstool at Incline and caught up with my favorite Summit County bartender. I somehow managed to lap until 2pm without killing myself on my detuned park skis.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Day/night one at Boreal. Might be the only time we ski there this winter, but damn it was fun. 4 months off skis is too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid