• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
:), you must be a great theoretician, Dr. @KingGrump. They are 186. From what has been written here, the thought did cross my mind that these may be too stiff if the longitudinal flex is critical for float. But, I concluded that if I attack, in 3D mode, or as in moguls, bending the ski in powder shouldn't be a problem.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:), you must be a great theoretician, Dr. @KingGrump. They are 186. From what has been written here, the thought did cross my mind that these may be too stiff if the longitudinal flex is critical for float. But, I concluded that if I attack, in 3D mode, or as in moguls, bending the ski in powder shouldn't be a problem.

What you really meant is I am a good BS artist. To tell you the truth, I don't even ski. Can't stand the cold and snow. :roflmao:
You are definitely on the right track.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
My dependable deep powder skiing is in Japan. I'm at the mercy of what is available there as demo's. Clearly though, I need to check out a much wider ski than the 109's, like a 120-something, though sounds like the 109's will be fine if I attack.

Mine was for 12 seasons. If you're in Niseko, run over to Toryu and pick up a pair of Vector Glides for fun. Great local ski. FWIW, you don't 'need' anything wider than a 109'ish ski. You don't need to 'attack' to make a 109 work. You just need to ski centered, breathe, and clear your head. As George Clinton says, "free your mind, and your a$$ will follow.":beercheer:

Last edited:
TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Mine was for 12 seasons. If you're in Niseko,

12 seasons, nice! Would love to ski Niseko and Hokkaido. Haven't been able to work that out. I am also in Japan on business and, for scheduling flexibility, it's easier to be on the main island. So, I've been skiing in Hakuba, going on fifth year. I picked up touring two seasons ago to get even more dependably into the powder. I can't wait, particularly after all that I've learned here. I'm an expert powder skier now, I've read all that there is to know! :)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Love touring there! The terrain above the areas puts the inbounds stuff to shame. Your 109 would be a superb touring ski for Hakuba.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Killing time on the interwebz on this topic -- mostly looking at fat ski shapes -- and the Fischer Ranger 115 looks like a carvy pow ski.

Any experiences?

Paging @epic?

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
It worked. Skiing in deeper powder a couple weeks ago, I skied it like I was skiing moguls. I kept my core tight, and I skied like I was skiing in moguls, absorbing a bump at the finish of the turn. That got rid of the submarining and the subsequent porpoising that pushed me onto my backseat. I felt like I was carving a turn in moguls. No need to change any gear. I used exactly the same equipment I did last year.