• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sierra Trading Post goes full retail

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I can't believe the inside zipper pocket won't fit an iPhone.

This ^^^ (soapbox) I really don't understand why designers don't create a pocket-size that will accommodate the most popular phones sized with the most popular cases.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This ^^^ (soapbox) I really don't understand why designers don't create a pocket-size that will accommodate the most popular phones sized with the most popular cases.

I don't even have a plus and it has a fairly minimalist case on it most of the time.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Sadly, this will be going back. I really like the color but the pockets are horrible for how I tend to use them. I can't believe the inside zipper pocket won't fit an iPhone.

Funny that you mention the phone. I have a couple of Arc shells that I really have worn a lot. I agree that the pockets on both are not where I'd like them, and not of the "volume" that I'd prefer, buy I can deal with them.

The inside pockets on both are tiny. In an ideal world, I'd like to sneak a thin money clip and my car key {literally one key on a ring} in one pocket. That works. When I had an iPhone 4, that barely fit. When I went to a iPhone 6.....no way. Will not zip shut.

I'm actually working with somebody to modify it and increase it to fit the phone, with a bit of room to spare. And doing do without wrecking the look, or the GoreTex membrane. Not cheap.

I guess it shows the size of phones when these were on the design table!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Sadly, this will be going back. I really like the color but the pockets are horrible for how I tend to use them. I can't believe the inside zipper pocket won't fit an iPhone.

Shoot! I thought they'd put better pockets on more recent models. I suck it up because it's good in every other way, and my phone goes in my pants.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
soapbox #2- resort jackets need to have sleeve pockets for rfid passes

ok, i feel better
I want them for my hankie. Fortunately my pants have a pocket above the knee which I can reach while sitting on the chair, but this current jacket has most of the pockets (except the hip---try and get to that on the chair) on the inside.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
soapbox #2- resort jackets need to have sleeve pockets for rfid passes

ok, i feel better

This one does have that and it's big enough to fit the phone which I contemplated but it would take one crash for me to regret that decision, I'm sure of it. Same with pants.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
This one does have that and it's big enough to fit the phone which I contemplated but it would take one crash for me to regret that decision, I'm sure of it. Same with pants.

lol, skiing trees with phone in sleeve pocket = really bad idea

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
The days of the 30,35,even 40% codes are now long gone, but they basically have 25% off codes out at all times. The added problem is that they now have more exclusions for the coupons. Still, many things I buy from them because I still can't find anything cheaper online, often by quite a margin (once you include the 25% off).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
lol, skiing trees with phone in sleeve pocket = really bad idea

I damaged my Epic pass that way once.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
CS basically just confirmed that skis are never included in their discount codes -- just FYI. Only in exceptional circumstances will they be.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The days of the 30,35,even 40% codes are now long gone, but they basically have 25% off codes out at all times. The added problem is that they now have more exclusions for the coupons. Still, many things I buy from them because I still can't find anything cheaper online, often by quite a margin (once you include the 25% off).
I still get STP e:mail's which target my interest, but haven't received % off code's in eons.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just visited their retail store in SLC. I was underwhelmed. It just feels like TJ Maxx without the home goods and housewares. Bummer.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just visited their retail store in SLC. I was underwhelmed. It just feels like TJ Maxx without the home goods and housewares. Bummer.
:(
Have to admit I find a hand full of very nice stuff, mostly athletic wear, during the time when TJ and Marshalls twice a year big shipments start trickling in. Only it's such a crap shoot requiring hunting at multiple locations and well, so much of the merch is :poo:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Wow. How did your arm fare?

It's been a few years now. I can't remember the specifics of what happened, except that it was a lovely powder day (lovely = snowing heavily with limited visibility), and I skied a line I don't typically ski. I remember a log I was trying to avoid. I vaguely remember that something went wrong, and I felt pretty embarrassed. I'm pretty sure the pass was on my forearm and that I whacked the arm pretty good, but not badly enough to be injured, just sore. Maybe the plastic breaking absorbed the force, kind of like if you break a board just right, it doesn't hurt your hand?

It makes sense that I cracked it on the forearm, where it could potentially be bent around the arm. I don't want to imagine what kind of force it would take to crack a pass on the chest or upper leg.

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
I still get STP e:mail's which target my interest, but haven't received % off code's in eons.

Strange, I get a 25% off with free shipping over $100 about every other week, and regularly get 20% and free shipping over 50 or free shipping over $50 on clearance all the time. Maybe try signing up for the DealFlyer again.

Sponsor

Staff online