• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SIA 2017: Reports from the Floor

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
A good beginner/low intermediate ski both for men and women would be nice

One segment that could be helpful would be looking at recommended "game improvement" skis, which might serve a committed skier on a steep learning curve. Help them move into a solid intermediate place. Easy to learn to begin to carve, confidence building, forgiving. Reasonably versatile for where they ski. All of that stuff.

Might also be good to discuss the appropriate sizing based on the matrix of skier size, current ability/skill, and where they ski.

I am clueless in that segment. I know some shop folks who are very good at it. Does not seem to be discussed here much.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I know some shop folks who are very good at it. Does not seem to be discussed here much.

Wrong audience, mostly. I also never know what to say when people ask about introductory skis. It's an underserved demographic.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here are some pics from today....

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will be doing a Facebook LIVE with Chris Davenport to talk about the new Kastle line.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If the two boots you mention fit out of the box, there are several more that will, and several more that you'll be able to pour in yoir goldfish and take skiing with you. ogsmile And honestly, I'd be a bit suspicious as those two boots have rather different volumes. I'd say the speed machine is somewhere between the X-max and X-Pro series Solomon boots. Splay? Minimalist running shoe? Atomic mega and Technica HVL series boots. And anyway, what's a sixth toe punch, and/or a little navicular or styloid punch or grind between friends? ogsmile

Someone mentioned it above, but the whole same same thing is only applicable to race and plug race boots... Some of the race skis as well from the different associated business groups.
Your suspicions are correct and why I got rid of the Nordica Speedmachine a few years in, when I finally found the Salomon X-Max.
This year I tried Atomic Hawx Ultra (out of curiosity, light weight thing). The shop had a horizontally sawed in half display shell, I had them pull a liner sized to the shell from another boot, it fit with zero gaps. Despite being a shell size larger, putting my foot in it clearly Illustrated my issue with the shell shape and why stretching and punches wouldn't work. Not familiar with Atomic Mega, did you mean the Magna? I also don't know the Technica HVL.
My problem with toe punches is that I need the taper of the very end of the shell near the binding interface changed and they generally are good for addressing issues further back, such as bunions.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Super excited to see what Leslie and the W2W has in store for the women's line at TecBlizz
Starting with the new CAS materials in the boot send adaptive shell for athletic calves
image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Tell me about the wooden Kästle?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I like text =/

Will try to view after work.

Monique

bounceswoosh