• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sandals with socks - Yes or no?

Socks with sandals?

• Yes

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • Poll flawed

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I stand by my previous post.

Also, kilts and boot liners aside, wearing socks with sandals is similar to pleasuring oneself while alone .... we all know occurs, and sometimes with impressive (or frightening) regularity, but good taste forbids bragging about it, much less doing it in public.

:micdrop:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about ski boots? With or without socks?
When my ski boots are new I wear knee-high nylon which is a recommendation I make to men as well. It allows the ability to let the liner conform to the foot without the thickness of a sock.
:)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I stand by my previous post.

Also, kilts and boot liners aside, wearing socks with sandals is similar to pleasuring oneself while alone .... we all know occurs, and sometimes with impressive (or frightening) regularity, but good taste forbids bragging about it, much less doing it in public.

:micdrop:
It could be the :rocks: talking, but :yeah:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
so next question, is there a need to go to a sandal fitter and should the fitting be done with or without socks.......or can I just buy them on the interwebz?? :beercheer:

I've learned a few things as in the decades I've rocked socks and thongs. I need to get them a couple sizes oversized to fit the socks. But this makes them too long and I trip over the material that sticks out past my toes. Break out the grinder and cut off the excess toe.

Any good bootfitter should be able to handle this. @Tricia ? Take care of us?

Tennis in properly modified thongs and socks is no problem. I have been told that I am "the best tennis player in socks and thongs ever".

Eric

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Socks and thongs? Where I come from a thong doesn't belong on a foot. Perhaps around an ankle but not a foot and never if said foot has a sock on.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been told that I am "the best tennis player in socks and thongs ever".

Public Service announcement***** Don't believe everything people tell you
Oh, I believe it.
Best ever could mean the only person to ever play tennis in socks and thongs.

*I can't believe we're calling flip flops thongs. I haven't called them that since .....I don't know when.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Jim McDonald Thank you for the picture. It clearly illustrates the difference between a thong and thongs. She would look ridiculous if she was wearing two bikini bottoms. One thong is attire, thongs are footwear.

Looking closely at the photo, I believe she is wearing some sort of high heeled sandals. Pretty good case for OK socks and sandals as that's a nice look. Some of you guys need to change your vote.

Eric

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, I believe it.
Best ever could mean the only person to ever play tennis in socks and thongs.

*I can't believe we're calling flip flops thongs. I haven't called them that since .....I don't know when.

Back when we moved to SoCal in ... 98? it was a corporate move and we were submitting all our receipts to the company. One from Target had a few items on it for reimbursement, but the entire receipt went in, and when I got it back, I noticed a line item for "black thong." Yes, I had purchased some black FLIP FLOPS from Target, which hadn't received the memo yet. (I was pretty embarrassed -- I mean, who buys lingerie at target....)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online