• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sandals with socks - Yes or no?

Socks with sandals?

• Yes

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 64.9%
  • Poll flawed

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's a lot of responsibility, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I want to open up the can of worms about the times he's saved me from my questionable ideas.

Now I have an image of @Mrs. 53 catching @Started at 53 wearing stripes with plaid, or some such thing.
That combo is not likely, but she does check me before I am allowed out of the house..... More so in her company of course

@Philpug, you seem to be missing the point that the poll results don't matter, only @Tricia has the only vote that matters in your household on this subject ;).
Ha, that is what @Mrs. 53 thinks too

I think it's ok so long as the sock color picks up a color in the sandal. @Philpug shows his savviness by selecting the blue toe socks, rather than the gold toe socks. Critical.

There is NO color combo that could ever justify socks with sandals, not now, NOT EVER!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What about sock with slippers or top siders??:huh:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This poll is a bit irritating (because my side is losing).

powder mag 12 16.JPG

Note the appropriate winter footwear.

I have Morton's neuromas diagnosed in both feet decades ago. I'm completely asymptomatic if I wear the right sandals. Too much time in waterski boots and snow ski boots insure that I will not heal. But if I wear only the right sandals, I can function despite my limitations. In the cold (or heel desiccating dry heat of the desert where I spend time) socks are necessary to preserve my feet.

My disability forces me to wear socks with sandals. Worse, I need the thong style sandals. I can hear the abusive responses already "socks and thongs?"

But it's a trend that is catching on!

Eric

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lieutenant Dan said to wear good socks and take care of your feet. It just hit me that he said that then lost his feet..

5g265o.jpg

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Good Lord, that this is even debatable is disheartening.

Can you pick your nose on the subway?
Can you curse at toddlers?
Can you fart in church?
Can you wear socks with sandals?

The answer to all is yes, but know that each of the above is in decidedly poor taste.

The fact of the matter is men old enough regularly to shave should avoid sandals at all times, unless in transit to a sporting event in which they are participating that also requires special shoes, or in transit to or engaged in sport or leisure involving water, or for a legitimate (diagnosed) medical reason, or in the privacy of your own home. That’s it. Period.

For any other public outing, cover your man feet in a suitable shoe. If you want the feel of a sandal, buy a boat shoe or casual loafer and do so because you’re a GD adult. Not only does it look better, but also, socks are not required (and in fact, they are strictly verboten with boat shoes).

James

Out There
Instructor
^^You know how Teva started?
River rafters.

Those were women. Two different articles.

Support, and a warning, for Phil from Teen Vogue girls.
How to Wear Socks and Sandals Without Looking Like a Tourist

"This trend can be a tricky one, though, so to keep you looking like your cool self (and not like your dad on that one vacation we will not speak of), we've pulled together five awesome sock-and-sandal combos inspired by some of our favorite bloggers."

Or split the baby in half:
IMG_4328.JPG

Dory's

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^You know how Teva started?
River rafters.

Those were women. Two different articles.

Support, and a warning, for Phil from Teen Vogue girls.
How to Wear Socks and Sandals Without Looking Like a Tourist

"This trend can be a tricky one, though, so to keep you looking like your cool self (and not like your dad on that one vacation we will not speak of), we've pulled together five awesome sock-and-sandal combos inspired by some of our favorite bloggers."

Or split the baby in half:
View attachment 30000
Dory's
The sock manufacturer's new ploy to sell more socks?? :huh: Make it cool?

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What about sock with slippers or top siders??:huh:

Ummm.....NO..... NOT...... EVER

This poll is a bit irritating (because my side is losing).

View attachment 29998

Note the appropriate winter footwear.

I have Morton's neuromas diagnosed in both feet decades ago. I'm completely asymptomatic if I wear the right sandals. Too much time in waterski boots and snow ski boots insure that I will not heal. But if I wear only the right sandals, I can function despite my limitations. In the cold (or heel desiccating dry heat of the desert where I spend time) socks are necessary to preserve my feet.

My disability forces me to wear socks with sandals. Worse, I need the thong style sandals. I can hear the abusive responses already "socks and thongs?"

But it's a trend that is catching on!

Eric

Socks are never appropriate with sandals!!! IF your feet are that bad you need to do the world a favor and buy two pair of shoes in different sizes so you can wear them.

Do it as a favor to the world :yahoo::beercheer:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
As the caption said with this photo "No CatTracks, no problem......flipflops and ski straps will do!"

IMG_3614.PNG

I was chuckling this morning getting some coffee at a local coffee shop. 75% of the local residents, myself included, were wearing flip-flops. My summer "uniform" most of the time {we life on the N.E. coast}. With shorts

The couple that run the place and the one employee that I checked were all wearing Birkenstocks and Ragg socks. Already into their fall routine.

The only people who I have ever seen wearing Teva's with socks were in costume. I have seen some skiers with either Birkenstocks or some kind of athletic slide sandals over ski socks.

I could not be seen with Phil's look, despite the sweet Lange socks! Brave guy.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
the only thing that surprises me (apart form the fact we have ANY supporters of socks with sandals!) is that nobody has pointed out the double faux pas in the first picture - socks with sandals=bad but BLACK Socks with sandals???!!!! :doh: WTF!!!!??? that is worse than passing the port the wrong way at the dinner table.... :micdrop:

did you think you were an English tourist in Spain???!!!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing wrong with feeling like a German tourist in Naples. If you can find a frying pan hat it might complete the look.