• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Roxa Ski Boot discomfort

TS
E

EpicSkier14

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Currently skiing the boots. A little uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I got a pair of Smartwool PhD Light socks.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
I am experiencing discomfort in the heel area.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
I skied for about 6 hours in the boots today. Toes and heel hurt in the boot. I seem to have some heel lift too. Is that normal?

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Intuition has about 19 different liner models, not all those for ski boots.

The Power Wrap is a medium volume liner also designed to stiffen the shell. It might be wrong for your boots & your feet. If that's the case, if there is just too much liner, it can't be made right. It is the wrong model. You might need a different model liner. Exactly that happened to a buddy.
http://intuitionliners.com/shop/powerwrap/
http://intuitionliners.com/choosing-a-liner-model/

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Intuition has about 19 different liner models, not all those for ski boots.

The Power Wrap is a medium volume liner also designed to stiffen the shell. It might be wrong for your boots & your feet. If that's the case, if there is just too much liner, it can't be made right. It is the wrong model. You might need a different model liner. Exactly that happened to a buddy.
http://intuitionliners.com/shop/powerwrap/
http://intuitionliners.com/choosing-a-liner-model/
Weird. The liners came with the boots. Here are the boots: http://www.getboards.com/roxa-freebird-8-ski-boots-2015/

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Going skiing again in the boots today. I already have a blister on my toe so it’s going to be quite comfy ogwink

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Currently skiing the boots. A little uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I got a pair of Smartwool PhD Light socks.

Sierra trading post has the Smartwool Ultra Lights, they will be a huge difference vs. just the lights. Prices are cheap, worth a shot before grinding on foot beds.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Time to pop back into the shop.

I skied for about 6 hours in the boots today. Toes and heel hurt in the boot. I seem to have some heel lift too. Is that normal?

This thread has been pretty casual on the technical details, but this is sounding like you need someone to re-evaluate your stance in the boot.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Time to pop back into the shop.

This thread has been pretty casual on the technical details, but this is sounding like you need someone to re-evaluate your stance in the boot.
what does this mean? Canting and forward lean or something more technical?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Canting and forward lean or something more technical?

Those are (two of several possible) adjustments. It's much more basic than that - someone needs to look at your body, decide whether this boot is really appropriate for it (I'm not talking about size here), and what adjustments need to be made.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Those are (two of several possible) adjustments. It's much more basic than that - someone needs to look at your body, decide whether this boot is really appropriate for it (I'm not talking about size here), and what adjustments need to be made.
So it might just be the wrong boot for me? :( Is there a way I can tell if the canting is right? Should use my old boots until I have a shop look at them?

Last edited:

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Two odd things happening that lead back to two key thoughts. First blisters are an indication that there is movement going on in the boot. Not negotiable, movement = blisters. Conclusion you are in a boot that is not the correct size.

Second point is hard spots on the foot hitting in the heel and movement in the heel. There is a strong suspicion that the shop did not heat the liner up enough to get it to actually mold to your foot.

You are jumping way too far down the thorn laden path, looking at anything other than the shell size relative to your foot size, and there is a very high probability that your shop did not get enough heat into the intuition liner to make it adapt shape.

Oh and there is also a strong possibility that you are not buckling the boot to contain your foot in the back of the shell, although my best guess is the shell is too big to be able to accomplish that task.

Good luck getting this one sussed out ):

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Another observation about where your foot sits in the boot. If there is any accuracy to the red arrows that you drew on the photo of your boots... The tell is that the arrows point to a spot in the boots that has already narrowed towards the toe box. If your feet are that far up into the front of the boot, there is clearly a problem that is not related to your footbed, socks, or canting.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Two odd things happening that lead back to two key thoughts. First blisters are an indication that there is movement going on in the boot. Not negotiable, movement = blisters. Conclusion you are in a boot that is not the correct size.

Second point is hard spots on the foot hitting in the heel and movement in the heel. There is a strong suspicion that the shop did not heat the liner up enough to get it to actually mold to your foot.

You are jumping way too far down the thorn laden path, looking at anything other than the shell size relative to your foot size, and there is a very high probability that your shop did not get enough heat into the intuition liner to make it adapt shape.

Oh and there is also a strong possibility that you are not buckling the boot to contain your foot in the back of the shell, although my best guess is the shell is too big to be able to accomplish that task.

Good luck getting this one sussed out ):
I didn’t get the blister from this pair of boots. I was measured and he boots are the correct size.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Think I’ll just return the boots.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn’t get the blister from this pair of boots. I was measured and he boots are the correct size.
It might be the right size, but it doesn't sound like the right boot.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
I put on a pair of Salomon XPro 90’s (size 27.5 with footbed) and they feel WAY more comfortable. They’re just stiff and uncomfortable for freestyle skiing. My footbeds are to short for those boots though. :(

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you been working with a real bootfitter (as opposed to a regular salesperson who happens to sell boots)? Or just going by sizing charts and feel?

If they answer is "no" on a real boot fitter, that's where I'd start (or re-start maybe).