• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RIP John Perry Barlow

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
"I may be going to help in a bucket, babe >> But at least I'm enjoying the ride" JPB
Maybe best known (at least to me) as the lyricist that collaberated with Bob Weir in the Grateful Dead. I spent many a night at the Spectrum enjoying their tunes since 1981. He is also an internet Pioneer and co-founder founded the EFF (electronic frontier foundation). This guy was very influential in today's society and many have never heard of him. "I may be going to help in a bucket, babe >> But at least I'm enjoying the ride"
I always enjoyed hearing this live:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
RIP .... interesting. I've read of late so many people passing of whose work I know, but I don't/didn't know of them.

Barlow seemed well ahead of his time in reading of his Manifesto on Cyberspace which seems to tie into the web neutrality issues of late.

thanks for noting his passing, did not catch this in the press.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I went to my first Grateful Dead show in 1987 and last in 2005 (never went to any of the remaining band member shows after Jerry died). Big part of my life in high school and college. Their songs and concerts were unlike any other bands.

RIP....

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I went to my first Grateful Dead show in 1987 and last in 2005 (never went to any of the remaining band member shows after Jerry died). Big part of my life in high school and college. Their songs and concerts were unlike any other bands.

RIP....
"They're a band beyond description" JPB - or-
"They're not the best at what they do, they're the only one's that do what they do." Pierre Robert, WMMR

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
RIP .... interesting. I've read of late so many people passing of whose work I know, but I don't/didn't know of them.

Barlow seemed well ahead of his time in reading of his Manifesto on Cyberspace which seems to tie into the web neutrality issues of late.

thanks for noting his passing, did not catch this in the press.
I don't know if you noticed my link under "EFF" but his internet presence was incredible.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier

RIP....

You added 10 years to Jerry's life!

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
You added 10 years to Jerry's life!

Ha! Great catch! I can't believe that was 1995. Too many shows in that time period has made things hazy. Though I do remember I was living in a 4th floor walk-up apt in NYC that August. The last show we saw was Giants Stadium that summer.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Santa Clara 6-27-15, my next to last show. Fare thee well JB!
IMG_20150627_203646.jpg