• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
WTB
Cubco Mogul Jumper binding. See (small) picture below. The spring steel plate under the heel and black Teflon coating are the keys to the ID.

Cubco Mogul Jumper.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well nobody jumped so I snagged them for future retro needs. They are 1-4 and appear to be missing one toe AFD piece off the riser. I'll see what I really get when they arrive I suppose since it had the for parts only disclaimer.. Hopefully that is just because they are non indemnified or whatever. Might swap them out with the 727E on the TRS that has a repaired toe piece window. Might move 727 E to Comp IV and free up the GEZE 962? Most likely will just leave everything that currently works as is and stash these for a future mount or trade bait.
PSA, all metal Salomon 727s on eBay right now for $17.00 shipped.
1 SET SALOMON 727 SKI BINDINGS FOR PARTS

I finally got around to doing something with these. I followed @Royal's advice and backed out the big screw to pop up the DIN window. I used it for a better match on the S727E toe piece window that was missing on the TRS The Skis. Got an old 626 window on the out of service 727s should I want to use them on something in the future.. but might just pony up $10 for a thrift store pair of 727s with good toes but risky heels and Frankenbinding the metal 1-4 heels with some metal 1-8 toes.

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
What is the approximate value of 1975/76 205 cm Hexcel Sundance with Look N77s? Skis and bindings in excellent shape. Skied about 30 times.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What is the approximate value of 1975/76 205 cm Hexcel Sundance with Look N77s? Skis and bindings in excellent shape. Skied about 30 times.

Depends on the venue and whether you can find one of the few people on the planet that really wants a pair. Might take quite awhile to find someone willing to pay more than $75.00 for them. I see The Ski with sound bindings sitting on eBay for months and months asking $200 plus shipping. Just not much of a high dollar market for retro ski gear.. I got 190 cm The Ski TSR with sound 727s drilled once and no rust and no base damage for .... ten bucks at a thrift store last fall.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Charles, I have a free pair of new-old skis for you if interested. My wife is pressing me to trash them. Got them from a friend. They have been in his garage for more than 15 years. Atomic AXC 1 skis, 184cm. These are a very late generation skinny ski. Never used, still in wrapper. Black with yellow topsheet. Believe they are "cap ski" technology. No bindings. Are you interested? I could possibly bring to mid-A Gathering if I attend.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Charles, I have a free pair of new-old skis for you if interested. My wife is pressing me to trash them. Got them from a friend. They have been in his garage for more than 15 years. Atomic AXC 1 skis, 184cm. These are a very late generation skinny ski. Never used, still in wrapper. Black with yellow topsheet. Believe they are "cap ski" technology. No bindings. Are you interested? I could possibly bring to mid-A Gathering if I attend.
@Jim Kenney Thanks but no thanks. My retro quiver is full. I'd like to procure a couple more very specific skis that I owned in the past, but not to ski, just to nail to the back fence to look at while grilling and swimming. hart freestyle, hart gremlin, Rossi FM, K2 233 Mid, 710 FO, and Dynastar Tempest are the ones I'd still like to find and add to the been there skied that back fence. Tuna might want them though.. @cantunamunch

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody interested in these?
K2 710 FO, 195 with Look N77 Bindings
K2 712, 200 also with Look N77 Bindings

What can be said about these legendary skis that you guys dont already know
K2
20160724_112411_HDR_resized.jpg
20160724_112427_HDR_resized.jpg
Binding

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd like to have a pair of 710 FO on my ski fence of retired skis I loved in their prime. Foam core skis tend to turn to noodles after 10 years. The material inside breaks down, especially if they get stored in a hot shed, attic or garage.

That said, they would still be fun for a couple runs.

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Thanks @Bill Talbot and @Joal. My best guess:

-- The bindings are 1963 N17s mounted on the White Stars in the late 1960s. The leather safety straps make me think early 1960s.

-- The Look toe pads and heel protector are from the late 1960s. They were put on when the N17s were mounted on the White Stars.

-- The skis are 1-owner skis.

Interesting skis and bindings. The owner's name is scratched on both. If I can find a black plastic heel protector, I will put it on the heel without. If not, I will take it off the heel with. Willing to pay $10.

Sorry, @OldSchool47 , came up empty. Have several pair of the second gen covers. I will keep an eye out.

Sweetenin' the pot. Gotta have that 1st gen plastic cover for my N17. Will trade the following items for it:

-- Salomon S850s in very good shape. My best guess is that they have been skied approximately 10-20 times.

-- Salomon S637 brakes. Good shape.

035.JPG
037.JPG
039.JPG
040.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
850's are off the Indenmnification table but I have yet to see a pair break.

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Sweetenin' the pot. Gotta have that 1st gen plastic cover for my N17. Will trade the following items for it:

-- Salomon S850s in very good shape. My best guess is that they have been skied approximately 10-20 times.

035-jpg.14610

037-jpg.14612

039-jpg.14614

040-jpg.14615

Kicker. Gotta have the 1st gen plastic cover for my N17. Am adding Salomon 997 driver bindings pictured below to the list of items that I will trade for the cover. 997s are in solid shape. I am asking for $10 to cover shipping. This $10 cancels the $10 that I was offering in my previous offer.

SUMMARY OF CURRENT OFFER

What I want:
-- Look 1st gen plastic cover for heel plate for my N17.

What I am offering to trade for what I want:
-- Salomon 997 driver bindings in solid shape.

007.JPG

008.JPG
009.JPG

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 25

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Classics to clean out!

1. This is a two piece Phenix coat and jacket combination. M's XL. It's had some wear, but it's still in great shape for a 1994 garment. It has one tiny grease sport on it, but no rips, no tears, and no real visible signs of wear. This has a nice soft fabric. It, too was a very expensive garment. Maybe $600 back then? I'd like $40 for this.

View attachment 3396

2. This is also Phenix, and a MEDIUM. Our son actually wore this one, as it was given to him by his Rossignol race rep, when he was about 13-14. It has Rossignol embroidered across the back. This is the jacket that Rossi techs on the WC wore on the WC around 1999-2000. It has sleeves that zip off, so it can be worn as a vest. It has a reflective stripe
on the chest, sleeves and across the back. Another absolute top quality garment. This one has been worn quite a bit, but they wear like iron, and it is by no means trashed. It has no defects at all. No rips, no stains, nothing.
I'd like $40 for this one.

View attachment 3398

3. This is a pretty neat retro look for a woman. It's a Powderhorn jacket, which is thigh length. The waist can be cinched with the drawstring. Hood is in the collar. The entire lining is the pink and white striped look, which is pretty cool. It's been work, but again it's in great shape. Zero defects.
Size 10.
I'd like $30 for it.

View attachment 3399

I have a lot of pictures of each garment. Send me a message if you'd like to see more.
The prices DON'T include shipping, and as you probably know the USPS just increased all of heir rates. I'm thinking that some might want more that one of these, and we can combine them. My hunch is that I can ship any for $15, but we have been shocked quite a bit.

I am going to be posting a bunch of other things:

Vintage Reusch race gloves and mitts {unusual ones}
USST and other hats.
Bula USST hats {1990's vintage}
A bunch of mint vintage Briko goggles and lenses.
Maser T-Necks, in perfect condition.

If you have any interest in this stuff, let me know. We're keeping a few things, but just have too much "stuff' !!

New season...check these out!

Muleski

Inactive
For Sale: Vintage Maser zip T-neck, XL

These are classics, Austrian company, Laos made. 100% cotton. This model has lightly padded shoulder caps. Classic race wear about circa 1988. Remarkably great condition!

$20 shipped!

IMG_1832.JPG
IMG_1833.JPG
IMG_1834.JPG

Last edited:

Royal

UTAH
Skier
WTB: Circa late 1960s early 1970s Kneissl Blue Stars in VG+ shape.

how about these? note sure of exact year but these look close. 210cm they were tuned waxed bindings rebuilt and skied a few runs a couple years ago. they have been stored on my wall since then.

20161105_192448.jpg
20161105_192518.jpg
20161105_192616.jpg

Muleski

Inactive
Heads up on a few things posted on Phil's garage sale:

The Maser t-neck above.

Three never worn Spyder Zip t-necks

An early vintage Patagonia Puff pullover. The forerunner to the Nano Puff

Some never worn 1970's wool liftie pants made by Johnson Woolen Mills for Stowe.....SOLD!

Have a bunch of older Briko Goggles and lenses and a lot of older Reusch race gloves to post, too. Just a lot to clean out!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online