• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Retirement?

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Not planning to step away, gracefully or otherwise. Then again I've never been competitive. Or graceful. As long as your body is cooperating and you are having fun, go for it. I’m sure the guy you mowed over doesn’t take it personally. That’s (I assume) hockey.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Athletes who hung around too long...
  • Brett Farve
  • Steve Carlton
  • Joe Namath

Walked off into sunset...
  • John Elway
  • Payton Manning
  • Derrick Jeter

Hopefully on 2/5/2018, add Tom Brady to that list. :D

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not planning to step away, gracefully or otherwise. Then again I've never been competitive. Or graceful. As long as your body is cooperating and you are having fun, go for it. I’m sure the guy you mowed over doesn’t take it personally. That’s (I assume) hockey.
He's been very good about it for sure. We're big boys. It's really more about me figuring out in my own mind in a graceful fashion that maybe I need to give up being that competitive. Or accepting that I'm just not that great anymore!

NESkier_26

Putting on skis
Skier
How competitive is your league? Do they allow full checking, or do the players dial it back a bit? At some point, the enjoyment comes from the workout and the playing of the game. Maybe your next step is to find the right league that aligns with your skills these days.

Sponsor

Staff online