• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I am here at PugSki because of EpicSki. Sad to see it go but I have been posting here for a while now. Hopefully the increased traffic makes it even better not worse.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It certainly looks as if this announcement is good for traffic on Pugski. I've never seen so many people listed as online on the forum front page, especially visitors. Hopefully this is good for revenue for the site.
As much as I'm excited to see Pugski.com thrive, I'm sad at some of the content that will be lost on Epic.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just posted this on a FB thread, but : 18 years is not too shabby for an online forum. I mean, 18 years ago, newsgroups and mailing lists were at least as popular as web fora. Back in the day, I remember being annoyed if I had to use a browser to interact with other people.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I bet pugski's hosting fees are going to go up ... now's a good time to think about donating if you haven't (or haven't recently).

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
It's truly a shame in that vail is just dropping this into the trash bin with no regard for its history and value to a real community of skiers. A real neighborhood. The reason why I am in steamboat is undoubtedly connected to Epic. I was trying to think of the many friends I have now because of Epic. Then I was thinking about what influences and impact the site has had on my life.

I am not one to lament things so I can only look forward to continuing here on pug :rocks:

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Umm doesn't @Bob Barnes have some guides posted over there that definitely need to be mirrored somewhere?

900x900px-LL-f4a9413b_BobsBackPedalInBalancedBoot.gif
900x900px-LL-ec9c70c2_BackPedalFwdLeanBoot.gif
900x900px-LL-f1418500_BackPedalUprightBoot.gif

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Whatever. Really. I loved EPIC Ski for several years and then left when this site opened due to ugly politics by some mods over there that touched a raw nerve. This place will continue to do well by doing good...and that's alright by me.

You Sir are today's winner of the Internet! :beercheer:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While we don't plan on being a mirror image of EpicSki, we are open to the idea o of making room for resort guides and other valued information that may be lost on Epic if you want to migrate it to your own source until we get it sorted out

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
While we don't plan on being a mirror image of EpicSki, we are open to the idea o of making room for resort guides and other valued information that may be lost on Epic if you want to migrate it to your own source until we get it sorted out

I would rather expect an influx of For Sale posters - please keep an eye on that section if you'd be so kind.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

It would be cool if you guys could get the site data and setup an archive on here to preserve it.