• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
....Many times at Epic for example....

Here lies the disconnect, this is not Epic, it is not Epic 2.0..it is not TGR, Newschoolers or any other site. this is Pugski. Each site has it's own vibe and guidlelines and these are ours.

It seems I am being singled out by being told I can't post my videos like more than once, when the subjects may appear in multiple threads..
Yes, you are...as I said it is poor etiquette ot repeatedly post the same video in multiple threads repeatedly.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're fine with me Jacques. Sometimes I watch, sometimes I don't, sometimes I only make it a few seconds.....that's for any videos. It's like anything else to me, you don't have to read it or watch it......I just keep on scrolling.....

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Jacques, I would say that you aren't be singled out as a person or because of who you are. Your actions (posting long videos, sometimes repeatedly) are being singled out. If anyone else did the same thing those actions would be singled out and criticized as well. The success of this forum is based on conversations and interactions amongst its members and those that have spoken up are saying that it is difficult to have a conversation based on a video of that length, especially those that don't seem to be saying anything.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Jacques, I would say that you aren't be singled out as a person or because of who you are. Your actions (posting long videos, sometimes repeatedly) are being singled out. If anyone else did the same thing those actions would be singled out and criticized as well. The success of this forum is based on conversations and interactions amongst its members and those that have spoken up are saying that it is difficult to have a conversation based on a video of that length, especially those that don't seem to be saying anything.
This ^^^

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier

You tuning tips have turned my race skis into fire breathing monsters - keep the tips coming.

Dominator Woo hoo!

:ogcool:

:beercheer:

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier

Well this is quite sad. I'm glad the skiers and boarders I hang with are way cool folks.

Seems I am not welcome here so I will refrain from posting anything.
I'm sure when folks ask about tuning that the same folks will answer the same questions the same way over and over again as text.
I guess that will be welcome here, but communicating through videos to answer the same questions over and over are over and out here.
On the outside chance anyone want's to get a hold of me to ski some turns at Mt Bachelor, I will be there for the next two weekends. I can be found publicly on Face Book as who I am. Jacques Mailloux. One can send me a PM there. Also one could leave a comment on my YouTube channel and I would see that as well.

The other thing that is totally wrong is when someone says I am "self promoting" and "spamming". That would be true if I was selling anyone anything, but I am not, and as I said, not even my YouTube channel is monatized.

I posted a thread with a video about Good Bye to epic ski in the Video and Photography Stoke.
So it seems to me that I can't even post a video in the Video and Photography Stoke area. This is very sad indeed.

Be good all and have fun, Jacques

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier

I was going to refrain, but Tricia, this is what I got from you when I had trouble signing up here. You were very helpful and I quote from one of your replies.

"Thanks for joining. Looking forward to your videos and fun stuff."

Tricia Pugliese

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Many people here congratulate themselves for making a site that's better than EpicSki was.
Given what's just happened in this thread to Jacques, I'm seriously wondering about that.
Jacques never ever ever puts anyone else down. He does not argue endlessly with people.
He makes long videos. He posts them, sometimes repeatedly. Some videos are instructional,
some are of him in onesies and skiing.

This ski forum has no tolerance of that?
Shame on you.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Jacques, hope you will reconsider and stay active here. As BobMc said, you have the fever that we all want to catch!

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I was going to refrain, but Tricia, this is what I got from you when I had trouble signing up here. You were very helpful and I quote from one of your replies.

"Thanks for joining. Looking forward to your videos and fun stuff."

Tricia Pugliese
I like your stuff. Sometimes I watch it. Sometimes I don't.

But I don't think anybody is going to beg you to stay.

If you do, and I hope you will, remember that around here, if we make fun of you, it means we like you. And you should feel free, nay, encouraged, to give it right back.

Also, remember that @Philpug and @Tricia set the rules. And they are reasonable rules. I've tripped over them before. Hell, I've had an entire thread removed that I started. Not moved. Removed. And in hindsight it was the right thing to do, I was being careless. A few weeks after that, I had a drink (well, at least one) with @Philpug . Here's to you Jacques: :beercheer:

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Folks I know I'm not the traffic cop here but if you've had your say about epicski here why not consider moving on from this thread?

Epicski dies in about 36 hours, I was planning to do one more comment.....Never mind, I'm moving on! Maybe you should start a new thread on PugSki, post some stoke? Ask or answer a question?

It's over over there, done.

Time to begin again.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
If it's fifteen minutes it's fifteen minutes. No matter. If you want me to see anything put it up front, I quit watching any video after 30-45 seconds, that is pretty much my attention span, unless there are cute puppies of course.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Well it looks like we're having some growing pains... Inevitable, really.

I don't mind Jacques' videos, they aren't too long if you don't click on them, and if you do there's always a hidden gem somewhere around 19 minutes in! If there was a sliding scale of how annoying a member is compared to their entertainment / educational value Jacques wouldn't make my list of ne'er do wells at all. But this site seems to put a premium on usable information and doesn't value "characters" as much. I get that and tone down my own eccentricities even more than I used to over at Epic.

@LiquidFeet I have always put you into the highest category when it comes to usable information vs noise. I really appreciate not just your knowledge base but the way you go about presenting your ideas and even your word choices. I hope to see you continue your excellent commentary in the future.

@Jacques maybe you should view this as a personal challenge instead of a personal insult. Editing is everything in video - it's easy to just turn the camera on and mail in the results. It's a lot harder to come up with something significant to say and communicate it effectively. I'm guessing that what people object to in your "work" is that it seems to be more about what floats your boat and not what an audience can use or enjoy. In any case posting video on the internet is always going to be subject to criticism. Your audience has changed and you should adapt to the changes.

I hope you stay - I like you.

Sponsor

Staff online