• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Recs for a women's MIPS helmet

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone have suggestions? Since I'm very light sensitive, I also like the idea of a built-in brim or a small visor or whatever you call it (in addition to goggles). I would like to try on helmets, but my guess is that stores in my area may not have the best in-store selection.

Do any online stores let you order three helmets and mail two back to see what fits and feels best?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lightweight, not much beats a Pret.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Comfort, not much beats a Pret, either. And they are priced very well, too. I've always worn Smith, but after getting a Pret last season, I'm a convert.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I would think anywhere with a decent return policy would let you order as many as you want, and return the ones you don't want. Probably just have to pay for the return shipping.

I just bought a Marker Pheonix helmet...and very happy with the fit/comfort/style of it. Haven't worn it skiing yet; but I'll be trying it out this weekend :). They make it in carbon as well for extra-lightweight. Husband has a Prett and I've gotta agree with the above...so light. Lastly, I'd say the Smith Vantage is one of the most popular helmets on the hill, and if it's anything like their bike helmets, I'd recommend in a heartbeat.

But really it comes down to what fits your head correctly...

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a Smith Vantage, really like all the venting options. But I had a chance to try one on before ordering because my daughter has one too. We bought hers at Squaw one spring during a drought year=huge discount. REI has a great return policy, and starting November 10 (through Nov 20), all Smith helmets and goggles are 20% off.

Sponsor