• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BillyGoat

Booting up
Skier
2 questions actually...

1. Do people really recommend a boot fitting for a teenager who's feet may still be growing?? He skis about 25 days a season .... really big expense for what could be one season.

2. I had a great experience at Heino's in Northern NJ, really terrific .... but they recently closed up shop :(.... since I know bootfitting is really a process, it helps to be within 1-2 hours from your fitter. Who has a recommendation for the metro NY area? I would consider going up to the Bootlab in Windham if people have had a GREAT experience.

thanks!

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Happy feet since I met Marc Stewart at Boot Lab. It's worth the trip for me.

dm

aliebe

Booting up
Skier
Greg @ Ski Barn in Wayne. He and his crew moved there when Heino's closed up. Always got a lot of love from the Epic board.

James

Out There
Instructor
Happy feet since I met Marc Stewart at Boot Lab. It's worth the trip for me.

dm
Where is Boot Lab?
There's a Boot Lab in Chamonix...
They have this heat and hydraulic set up:
IMG_1998.JPG

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Where is Boot Lab?
Boot Lab is in the ski shop at Windham Mountain (NY). Not quite as elaborate as Chamonix, but Marc gets the job done.

dm

CRAZYHAWK

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I also had great results at Heinos. Greg was the owner and master boot fitter. Derick Washington worked under Greg and was very knowledgeable. He now works at McAfee Ski Shop in Vernon NJ.

Sponsor

Staff online