• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Quick Photo Drop

Prickly Jones

Jetsetting Curmudgeon
Skier
Just a couple photos from last weekend. Top of our mountain was closed all morning Saturday after a little storm and low-hanging clouds came in. Great job out of our mountain manager Marco in opening the tram at 1:30 pm; past management would have thrown in the towel on the day. We only got four runs on the afternoon, but three were the best so far of the season.

IMG_0310.jpg

The photo below is a little chute (looks wide in the photo but not) called the Falla Giana', very roughly translated as "you go first, Johnny." My friend and I were first down this season.

IMG_0309.jpg

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Nice pictures Mr. P.!
Secret spot in N. Italy.
I might tell you where Mr. P. was, but then I will have to... ;-)
I deem Italy off piste spots the best hidden secret of all times. Everyone raves about France, Switzerland, Austria and raves and raves about food, lifestyle, snow conditions, on and off piste, and so on and on. Italy ski areas are often pooh-hoo'ed as having not enough good snow, not enough challenging runs, not enough...whatever.
Well, it isn't so, there are gems all through the Alpine arc south of the divide.
And where Mr. Prickly lives is one of those.
I miss a lot that place and Mr. P company, but I had to move eastward from there, having transitioned from "roaming daily tripper" to "one location flat and season pass owner" status (well, to spell the truth, there is a regional season pass, valid at all the region skiing resort, it costs about the same price of a single location season pass, but no early nor late season skiing is covered by it ( official season usually start Dec 8th), and at my "new" home, resort skiing is enabled -covered by the local season pass- from late October/early November till May 1st week end usually. With a little addition of $$$ last year it was kept valid till June 4th ).
P.s. Be aware that Avy equipment is compulsory (mandatory by law) for off piste skiing (but not only, all who venture off marked pistes, trails and the likes, whatever their means of locomotion) all through our Region, hence Mr. P. backpack, for those who might wonder...