• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski site update

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Actually, that was set up to just go out to the ladies. I know...you are disappointed. You thought you were getting a personalized PM every time from me. You will now have to live with that disappointment. Sorry, but the "Philpug Ladies Only P.M. Train" derailed.

Marty McSly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yes, but is it something new today? I am currently limited to mobile and don't normally use it for surfin'.
Yes it is. I mostly use my mobile these days and was frustrated by the lack of a "top" button or link in the mobile interface. Seemed odd that there was one in the desktop interface, where I could just use the scrollbar. I had a little grumble about it a few weeks ago.

I'm stoked to see the "top" arrow in mobile now. Thanks guys. :thumb:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, it has been a little ove a month since we changed the site and honestly we could not be happier with the new design and landing page. the support that we have seen from the community has been fantastic and quite frankly whenever there is a huge undertaking like this there is usually a a significant amount of push back from the community (not saying you, but in general) but this change was universally accepted.
Looks awesome. I wouldn't have said the previous was "broken" but I like the fix quite a bit.
One of the benefits that we saw was a huge spike in traffic because of the better integration. The past 30 days was by far the most traffic we ever had with over 1/2 million page views...a 145% jump over the previous year and over 40% higher than our previous best 30 day span. As an example, the 30 days prior to the change the growth was 72% over the pevious year. Some of increase in numbers can be attributed to natural growth but the big spike is from the work that was done by @Dwight and the @ForumCube team.