• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski site update

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Yes, we've found that we've needed to change some of our bookmarks.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but...:huh:

It's not a big deal - just wanted to save everyone else a minute or two of finding URLs and comparing them.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, we've found that we've needed to change some of our bookmarks.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but...:huh:
Don't be too quick, they may make back to original in a day or two.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I see the New Posts side bar is back on the home page and New Profile Posts back on the main forum page. Personally, I'd switch those but I'm glad the New Posts is back somewhere. Thanks!

upload_2017-9-18_12-50-34.png

upload_2017-9-18_12-51-13.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Love the new look and feel. I've only looked via mobile on an iPhone 7 plus, but like the new banner bars, the subtle tweaks to the page display, and the overall more integrated and cohesive feel between main landing page and the forum pages. Great job and great work!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Don't be too quick, they may make back to original in a day or two.

You obviously don't understand how often I use that bookmark! It's worth it to switch for two days ...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
THANK YOU everyone who has chimed in so far, rarely is a change of this significance met with such universal acceptance. A big thank you needs to go to @Dwight and the team at @ForumCube.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is the any chance at all to make the thread names darker? Or bold? Or something (not red!) that makes them stand out more than the names of the threadstarter, below? I find my eye drawn to the person's name more than the thread . . .

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Another well thought out and innovative move forward toward Pugski's eventual total global dominance of the ski industry.
I can see it now:
Phil and Tricia enter the SIA Main Floor. There is a hush among the crowd. Vendors are quickly whispering to each other as they plan their strategy when they are graced by the entrance of the Pugski entourage into their booth. The uninitiated will whisper "who are they?" Even those who had previously enjoyed great status in the industry will follow like sheep in hopes of picking up on just a single word.
It is a glorious future.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another well thought out and innovative move forward toward Pugski's eventual total global dominance of the ski industry.
I can see it now:
Phil and Tricia enter the SIA Main Floor. There is a hush among the crowd. Vendors are quickly whispering to each other as they plan their strategy when they are graced by the entrance of the Pugski entourage into their booth. The uninitiated will whisper "who are they?" Even those who had previously enjoyed great status in the industry will follow like sheep in hopes of picking up on just a single word.
It is a glorious future.
From your fingers to the industry's eyes. Thank you very much for the glimpse into the future.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just noticed that private message email alerts are showing from Philpug instead of PugSki now.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmm, I hadn't noticed that but now that you mention it.
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 9.13.28 AM.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Dwight any idea if this is something to do with the changes?

Edit: We found it and it looks like its working correctly now.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the any chance at all to make the thread names darker? Or bold? Or something (not red!) that makes them stand out more than the names of the threadstarter, below? I find my eye drawn to the person's name more than the thread . . .
We'll look into that.

One thing I'd like to note is that we had relatively few bugs in this change. I'd like to give a huge shout out to Dwight, Spooky, Phil and the FC Team that worked hard on making this new front page format happen. I have a feeling that it will make SBrown's life a little easier.

Sponsor

Staff online