• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski site update

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
This is how I've always accessed the site. I would prefer that the "New Posts" I have read remain, in place, on the list for the duration of the login. Is the "Top" button on mobile new?

The new format will have the main articles at pugski.com and the forum at pugski.com/forum. (right now it is forum.pugski.com and forum.pugski.com/forum) Hope this helps some.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
The menu strip for me now has... for access to something I use constantly, Mark Forums Read. I never go to the archive thingy. Why is that so early in the menu strip?
Screenshot_20170918-101131.png

Also, where is this Top or arrow thing everyone is talking about? Apparently I don't have it. So, the new look is not a good look for me.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The menu strip for me now has... for access to something I use constantly, Mark Forums Read. I never go to the archive thingy. Why is that so early in the menu strip?
View attachment 29797

Also, where is this Top or arrow thing everyone is talking about? Apparently I don't have it. So, the new look is not a good look for me.

Are you on a tablet? The site is responsive and shrinks and grows based on the device you use. Now on a desktop browser window, more expanded, it looks like this.

upload_2017-9-18_11-20-23.png

The UP arrow would be be at the bottom the page if you scroll all the way down.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm not so sure about this new nav bar situation with the grey buttons/background. It looks like Windows 3.1 to me =/

More functionally -

The new format will have the main articles at pugski.com and the forum at pugski.com/forum. (right now it is forum.pugski.com and forum.pugski.com/forum) Hope this helps some.

And for anyone who had previously bookmarked the New Posts as https://forum.pugski.com/forum/find-new/posts - it's now https://forum.pugski.com/find-new/posts

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
It's just another way to navigate the site, on other forums I use it to get to the back button, but on this site that back button just returns you to the bottom of the page you are on. You can also use the forum jump button. Forgot to add quote @Sibhusky.

Last edited:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Are you on a tablet? The site is responsive and shrinks and grows based on the device you use. Now on a desktop browser window, more expanded, it looks like this.

View attachment 29798

The UP arrow would be be at the bottom the page if you scroll all the way down.
Yes, I'm on a tablet.

I didn't have a problem with the old menu layout. Or maybe I did, but the stuff I wanted wasn't hidden so I didn't know I was missing it.

Last edited:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
It's just another way to navigate the site, on other forums I use it to get to the back button, but on this site it just returns you to the bottom of the page you are on. You can also use the forum jump button. Forgot to add quote @Sibhusky.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Why would a Top button take me to the BOTTOM of a page? And what is this "jump" button?

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I'm not sure what you are referring to. Why would a Top button take me to the BOTTOM of a page? And what is this "jump" button?
I edited my post for clarity. The way I navigate a site may differ from other methods. The forum jump is the little box with an arrow in the corner, just above the new "Top arrow", and you can jump anywhere on the site.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
And lest it get lost in all my nitpickery - Thanks to all of you putting effort into maintaining the site and keeping the software up to date! I know it was a late night and will be a long day for you.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

epicentre

Putting on skis
Skier
I like it, especially the rework of the front page. Design wise I would have personally hired the graphics designers from the Nordica psychadelic clown days, but this color scheme works too.

Sponsor

Staff online