• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Name Convention,

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm here to blow your mind - segbrown and trekchick *both* use different usernames on skidiva.
I'm not creative. I am SkiNurse on SkiDiva, Epic, TGR, Steep and Cheap (yes there used to be a forum there) Gear Addicts, etc. It's all about keeping it simple. :)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Am I the only one paranoid enough to feel uneasy about linking travel plans to real names?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Am I the only one paranoid enough to feel uneasy about linking travel plans to real names?

Would it help if some threads were behind a members-only wall, even if it's just X number of posts?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Good point. If there weren't a pitt bull and an alarm system at home I'd be more hesitant to post info that some or all of the family may not be home at a given time.

MattL

Booting up
Skier
Well I personally prefer real names if possible. Doesn't have to be last names. I'm here (and everywhere lol) primarily for the social aspect. I'm not really interested in arguing about the best edge angle for tuning or the best way to make a turn. I just want to make friends with real names, have fun and go skiing. Is that too much to ask? LOL

So if you don't give me your real name don't get annoyed if I can't link up your fake moniker and your real name in real life. ; -)

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I answer to "Grump". :D

This was the nickname given to me by a bunch of entry level programmers when I was in corporate America back in early '80s. So I am perfectly comfortable with it.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Sooo... I signed up via my phone and in my excitement didn't read anything about user names, etc... Sorry guys. I guess I'll have to go with the 'those who knows, knows, and those who don't knows, don't know' me category until I figure out how to start over.

MattL

Booting up
Skier
Sooo... I signed up via my phone and in my excitement didn't read anything about user names, etc... Sorry guys. I guess I'll have to go with the 'those who knows, knows, and those who don't knows, don't know' me category until I figure out how to start over.

Hey Mark, I don't see a problem? Unless your name isn't Mark. LOL

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
First of all, your name is a version of your name, and second...we can change it for you if you'd like to do so. Shoot Phil a note. He's handling that.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

No. But I would love an easy, foolproof way to match up the people I see at gatherings with their www secret identities

TS
Living Proof

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Let me admit, I've never expected that my adopted internet name is, in any way, reflective of God. I did Google LP and found out there is a Living Proof Ministries, and, also Living Proof hair conditioning products, so, the range of uses is broad. I did not research deeply enough to find anything I've ever posted.

My LP story. When i choose the name of Epic, it was a response to a comment that "you can't learn to ski by reading a book", and, I studied and modeled a very detailed ski book & CD that greatly helped my skiing. So, I was LP that that system worked. Since then, I maintain the name as a honor and remembrance of my father, who I look very much like. He was a great guy, my moral compass, enabler of my early life and education, WW2 combat infantry officer, president of a 50 person company who cared about his employees, etc. If I could be granted one wish, it would be to play golf with him again.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Hey, LP, I wasn't referring to "Living Proof". Was referring to "Growing Old Disgracefully" and the acronym for it being "GOD".

Interesting how you arrived at "Living Proof". There are many ways of learning. For me, skiing has been a real education - and only part of that has been about the mechanics of skiing.

Sponsor

Staff online