• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski.com Enters Working Partnership With America's Best Bootfitters/Masterfit University

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pug:ABB Horizontal .png
America's Best Bootfitters and Pugski.com have entered into an agreement to share exclusive ABB content with Pugski.com. This specific content will be available directly on Pugski.com's news page in the form of featured articles and also in Pugski's subscription newsletter. America's Best Bootfitters will also be sponsoring Pugski.com's boot discussion forum, which will be called "Ski Boot Discussion by America's Best Bootfitters."

Pugski and Masterfit University have also agreed to work together to expand Masterfit's bootfitting courses past ski shop employees directly to the skiers, ski instructors, influencers, and industry insiders of Pugski.com. Both Pugski and Masterfit University agree that a knowledgeable consumer is the best customer, therefore the best skier. By having access to Masterfit U, Pugski members will continue to be the most knowledgeable skiers on the web. Members may start with the one-day Associates or the two-day Associates Plus programs; returning fitters may attend the advanced courses.

Workshop Dates

North America
Europe
Click here for pricing and registration. Pugski members should select the "Snowsports Attendee" option and use the promo code PUGSKI17 for a 5% discount.

About Masterfit University:
We don’t have a marching band, a mascot, cheerleaders, or a football team. We do have a fraternity: a fraternity of the world’s best bootfitters ready to show you how to work bootfit magic, all in a relaxed atmosphere that maximizes hands-on practice and skills development. At Masterfit University, you'll learn bootfitting secrets from the top industry pros on state-of-the-art equipment. With four separate courses, there’s a Masterfit U for everyone. Join us and become a better bootfitter this year.

About Pugski:
Pugski.com has become one of the main reference sites for skiing news, information, and, most of all, gear reviews. Our reviews are unique because they are interactive, allowing the consumer to discuss gear with our testers and then buy with assurance. We create excitement that no other review site or publication can. The online ski community is continuing to grow content, and traffic has been increasing rapidly; since the launch in 2015, it has received millions of page views.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, this is cool! Looking forward to referencing their content for myself, and for referring others to it for information.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, this is cool! Looking forward to referencing their content for myself, and for referring others to it for information.
Amy, you are one of those people who should seriously consider signing up for a Masterfit U experience.
I can see you getting a lot out of it!

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Amy, you are one of those people who should seriously consider signing up for a Masterfit U experience.

Who do you see benefiting from taking Master Fit classes? I have my guy that I trust who doesn't seem to think I need to remove foot parts as the other Kevin's (@Drahtguy Kevin ) guy apparently wants to do.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Who do you see benefiting from taking Master Fit classes? I have my guy that I trust who doesn't seem to think I need to remove foot parts as the other Kevin's (@Drahtguy Kevin ) guy apparently wants to do.
As Phil is fond of saying: "sniffs bait... swims away"

From the "Why You Should Attend..." thread...

Who Will Benefit?
  • Joe or Jane Skier. For less than the cost of buying the wrong boots, you will be able to walk into an average shop and, chances are, have more knowledge than many of the people selling boots. This is like knowing dealer cost when you go to buy a car, but even better. In the Associates course, you will learn how to pick out a boot and how it should fit you, thus eliminating many of the pitfalls of buying the wrong boot. The two-day Associates Plus course is still less than the cost of a new pair of boots, plus you will build (and walk out with) your own pair of custom footbeds, a $150 value. Both courses will give you a foundation of information that will last throughout your skiing career.
  • Anyone thinking about working in a ski shop. Here is your chance to be more qualified than the next person. Having "Masterfit Associates Bootfitter" on your resume will put it at the top of the application pile; this small investment shows any shop manager that you are serious about working in the ski industry. Learning how to fit boots correctly and with confidence gives you the foundation for becoming a world-class bootfitter.
  • Ski instructors and coaches. You may benefit the most by attending these courses: you will be able to evaluate if an athlete is being limited by an alignment issue, to determine whether a student is being held back by boots that are too soft, too stiff, or simply don't fit right. Your students will be grateful, and who knows, a client might even cover the cost of the course with an appreciative tip. Check also with your PSIA-USSA region to see if these courses count toward your continuing education.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd LOVE to. Will have to wait until I have a more steady income stream coming in before I can, though.

NateR

Booting up
Skier
This is so tempting... It's too bad they don't have them on a weekend, but still considering it. The first thought in my mind when I saw "$250" was "hey, that's only half of what a pair of boots costs - and that knowledge will outlast any pair of boots."

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The first thought in my mind when I saw "$250" was "hey, that's only half of what a pair of boots costs - and that knowledge will outlast any pair of boots."
That's pretty accurate. Add that to the reality that, if you sign up for Associates Plus, you'll also make your own footbeds, so you go away with a $150+ value in a pair of footbeds.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I think there is a balance of knowledge.
Are you the guy who wants to understand more about his boot fitting and be a little more understanding about the process as your foot changes and as your fitter does what needs to be done.
Or
Are you the guy who will learn just enough to drive your fitter crazy?

I honestly think that most of our membership are the former. We are a smart, savvy skier.

When I mentioned it to Amy, I was reflecting on her tiny foot that is in between a 21 and 22. She deals with ramp angle issues with her bindings and alignment concerns. This is a really good opportunity for her to gain knowledge about her needs.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
As Phil is fond of saying: "sniffs bait... swims away"

Sniffs bait? I wasn't trying to bait anyone. I had seen that @Tricia had recommended this program to Amy and I was curious as to why she specifically recommended Amy (which she answered above).

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
This is great news and another wonderful resource for myself and other Puggers. @Chris Geib keeps telling me it's just as easy to remove my toe as it is to modify my boot. It'll be good to get a second opinion or confirmation.

I have always felt that if I had my baby toes amputated then I would get a much better fit in ski boots and street shoes. Not going to happen as I have found Keen brand running shoes (super wide in the forefoot) and Head has come out with the Advant Edge 125 flex ski boot which is 102mm wide in a size 26. I will buy a size 25 (100mm wide) and likely still need to get the shells punched at the baby toe.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is so tempting... It's too bad they don't have them on a weekend, but still considering it. The first thought in my mind when I saw "$250" was "hey, that's only half of what a pair of boots costs - and that knowledge will outlast any pair of boots."
Me too! I'd be all over this opportunity if I didn't have to take 3-4 days off work. I save those for skiing!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
September is just around the corner, if you are in the Northeast, you can learn how to bootfit from the Masters.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would love to attend; the Seattle area location/date is still TDB. Looks like last year it was in Everett, which is super convenient for me, 20 minutes from home more or less. I was planning on getting new boots this year and maybe I should wait until after this training.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Reno Masterfit is coming up on November 1-2.
There is still time to sign up.

bud heishman

Skiing performance facilitator
Instructor
Sky Tavern
Good stuff, congratulations on the partnership! Great program with some great guys who happen to be darn good boot fitters too!

Sponsor

Staff online