• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Resort Map.jpg
In this forum we use regional labels, which gives us the ability to filter content. For example, if you are looking for all threads pertaining to Colorado, click on any of the BLUE Colorado prefixes and it will sort them for you and show you only those threads.

Similarly, when starting a new thread here, you will be directed to add a regional prefix to it. If you forget to add it, or you think you chose the wrong one, any admin or moderator can help you fix it later on.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Got one ski hill in Alabama.. and another one or two in Nebraska right?

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Got one ski hill in Alabama.. and another one or two in Nebraska right?

There is one in Alabama, one in Tennessee, one in Hawaii, and none in Nebraska (3 in the past in Nebraska: Trailridge (renamed Nebraski), Devil's Nest, and Prairie Hills).

Also one in Kansas in the past (Mt. Bleu if I am remembering correctly).

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Personally I don't see NC as Mid Atlantic, I see it as SE Skiing. One thought when looking at how to geographically place areas would be to use the National Ski Patrol Regions, They are pretty definitive and make a ton of sense geographically.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
The colors on the map above don't match the colors on the menu, at least some of them don't. Notice that the PNW/BC/AK color on the map is a lighter blue and on the menu it shows as dark blue, the Northern Rockies/Alberta color is dark blue on the map and light blue on the menu. Not a big deal, but it might make a difference to someone besides us anal-retentive types.

Last edited:

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
As one who occasionally nitpicks such issues, I think the regional divisions on that map are very reasonable in terms of balancing correlated regional weather/conditions vs. number of ski areas and volume of interest about them.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid