• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Playing catch with Sammy a few days before saying goodbye. :( He stacked a pyramid and looked up to see us laugh :)
Sammystak.jpg

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Where are you ? Would guess Kootenay Lake in BC but it could almost be anywhere.

Anywhere special anyway ;) .
If you are asking me, this photo was taken yesterday from Angora Ridge fire lookout looking across Fallen Leaf Lake at Mt. Tallac with the SW corner of Lake Tahoe at the far right.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I took a hike earlier today at Artist Point. It's the very end of the Mt. Baker Highway, WA SR 542. In the winter the highway ends at the Mt. Baker Ski Area, but in the summer they plow it up to the Point, which is above the top of the ski area. This year they measured about 40' of snow pack there in the spring, if I remember rightly. Maybe it was 60'. Anyway, I hiked to the top of Table Mountain for incredible views.

Table Mountain is the flat topped mesa
IMG_2199.jpg

The trail is steep, with loose rock and cliffs on the side, it's steeper than it looks here:
IMG_2208.jpg

At the top I was surprised to find a forest of cairns which accented the local big boys well.
Mt. Baker
IMG_2209.jpg

Mt. Shuksan
IMG_2225.jpg

I even was able to see a couple of not-so-local volcanos:
Glacier Peak (about 50 miles away)
IMG_2223.jpg

Mt Rainier, about 100 miles (on the right)
IMG_2219.jpg

On the way out I stopped to take a photo at the place where more mountain pictures are taken than almost any other. This scene is published everywhere. I have a Rand McNalley road atlas with it on the cover and I even saw a large framed photo of this scene over a bar in LaPorte Indiana of all places. Mt. Shuksan gets around. The lake is appropriately named "Pictue Lake" and the best pics are when there is no wind at all, not the case today.
IMG_2232.jpg

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Over the weekend. Kananaskis for a conference. Thursday heading out and Friday were bad. Think I took that on Saturday. Sunday was what I was expecting the temp's to be. You just needed that little bit of moisture Saturday night.

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
View attachment 29401
On the way out I stopped to take a photo at the place where more mountain pictures are taken than almost any other. This scene is published everywhere. I have a Rand McNalley road atlas with it on the cover and I even saw a large framed photo of this scene over a bar in LaPorte Indiana of all places. Mt. Shuksan gets around. The lake is appropriately named "Pictue Lake" and the best pics are when there is no wind at all, not the case today.
View attachment 29402 [/QUOTE]

We were delighted to see a wall-sized photo mural just like this photo in a Chinese restaurant in LaPaz, Bolivia!

Sponsor

Staff online