• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Photo Discussion Thread

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I actually had a few more & then some must have retracted.......

My campaign plea- I NEED new boards after that photoshoot. :)

Your photo reminds me of a John Hiatt song. Can you guess which one?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow - Things moved since my last update! @4ster got 4 votes and is in the top 4 to receive the skis. @Royal is only 3 votes behind. And @Brian Finch just 1! Please give a shout if I missed any runner-upper !

1. [USER=1911]@K2 Rat[/USER] : 54. See submission. (+7 votes)
  2. @ZionPow : 29. See submission. (+3 votes)
  3. @Doug Briggs : 25. See submission. (+ 4 votes)
  4. @4ster : 23. See submission. (+4 votes)
  5. @Brian Finch : 22. See submission, (+1 vote)
  6. @Royal : 20. See submission. (+3 votes)
This is too much, I can't take it anymore :D

The battle for 2-4 is on! It ain't over....@Brian Finch and @Royal round up the troops..you have a couple of days. @ZionPow, @Doug Briggs and @4ster..you guys are not completely safe....it is anyones game!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
<thread drift>
how do you paste in a link and have the link appear as your chosen text, like @Mendieta did in his voting recap?
</thread drift>

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
<thread drift>
how do you paste in a link and have the link appear as your chosen text, like @Mendieta did in his voting recap?
</thread drift>

Type the text you want, copy your full URL link to the clipboard, highlight your chosen text, then click the paper clip looking icon, just to the right of the text font options.... paste the link in the dialogue box.. Your text will be linked to that URL

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
<thread drift>
</thread drift>

Click on the number of the post you want a direct link to, and copy the url in the pop up box.
Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 5.48.23 PM.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It is neck and neck and neck with @ZionPow, @4ster and me in a three way tie for second with 30 votes each.
:beercheer:

Come on folks, it'll break my mother's heart if I don't win a pair of skis with a photo of the coat she sewed for me over 40 years ago. :(

;)

Help me move ahead and capture 2nd place alone. I already concede to @K2 Rat . Vote here!

Here is proof positive the coat is that old:
cranmore-pass-74-75-jpg.26840

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
My affair with K2 skis began with my first pair of new skis that I was able to buy with my own hard earned dollars at about age 13. They were a pair of blue, epoxy K2 Elites. Before that I was on hand me down woodies. At the time K2 was owned by the A&T corporation. My next pair was at about age 15, a pair of red, white & blue 204cm K2 III's. They were soon replaced with the K2 Four Winter Heats that are in the actual photo entered in the contest. The flag was awarded to my father upon his discharge from the USAF after flying 30+ missions as a B-17 navigator in WWII. Mikey is his great grandson!

IMG_3624.JPG

Later it was the little known Killy Heats, then K2 Five Slaloms which were breakthrough skis for me!
The list goes on as the quiver grew to 2 pairs, the famed 710 & 810's. VO's followed & the list goes on with Axis XP's in more recent decades & my first tip rockers were the Anti-pistes.

During this time my winters were spent working as an instructor, snow shoveler, ice bar wielder, fence setter, gate shagger, forerunner, pacesetter, hole driller, coach, trainer, manager, examiner, guide etc. where I've managed to average over 130 days on snow each season for the past 40 plus years. One may think someone who skis that many days probably goes through a lot of skis, boots & bindings? Well yes, this is true! To help feed my addiction, I have entered the K2 photo contest found on this very forum. I didn't enter just to win stuff but I entered because the skis that are being given as the prize will fit my quiver perfectly! I have probably owned more K2 skis over the decades than any other brand so it would be like getting back with a good old friend. With the demise of SkiLogik, I think this K2 Pinnacle will cover the gap left by my Chariots & Frontburners with style.

Any & all votes would be greatly appreciated!

:beercheer:
Thanks

Last edited:

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I entered this contest as a fun activity with my kids during our July 4th bar-b-q this year. We had a great time taking the photo and my kids are still talking about the experience of setting up the shot. I am a Pro Ski Patroller in Utah. My job by nature is very hard on skis as it requires me to ski in many areas and in many conditions that most people would never consider attempting. I absolutely love my job and would not trade it for any other! Besides helping injured skiers off the mountain, my favorite part of my job is to get up on the mountain before sunrise on avalanche control days. I love skiing, hiking, wallowing into avalanche terrain and safely detonating explosives by hand or shooting avalaunchers to mitigate the danger to the public. I love being part of the snow safety team that works very hard to get the lifts open on time and I love watching our guests having their "best day ever" in the POW.

I always need new skis every season. Whether I finish in the top 4 or not, I will be out on the slopes 5 days a week providing medical assistance, transportation, promoting safety on the slopes, and of course early morning avalanche mitigation. Hope all of us have our "Best season ever" this year and I will see the PugSki family when you visit my resort in March 2018!
:beercheer: :bestday:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Although I am in the lead, it ain't over yet. You never know what can happen...just ask Hillary. My obsession with K2 started not by design. When I was about 10 years old, I wanted a pair of Heads as my new ski. My Dad and I went to our mountain ( Hogback Vt) ski shop and the K2's were cheaper. So my Dad said I am getting K2 Holidays. But he did buy me a Head t-shirt along with those first fiberglass skis I ever had, so I was pretty happy. Thank gosh I got those first K2's because that was just the beginning. I got into racing and quickly moved onto K2 Comps. Spider Sabich was winning on the pro tour on K2's Fours and he quickly became my hero. How cool was that guy? Throw Wayne Wong in the mix along with matching red, white and blue bottoms and the Fours were a must ski to have! Of course, I moved onto K2 Fives and then 710/810's with the Mahre brothers. K2 and the Mahre brothers was about as all-American as a K2 July 4th photo contest ! When the Mahres retired, K2 started to move away from racing so I had to switch brands. But a several years ago, I got a pair of K2 Apache Recons. If you want to see some of my history with K2, watch this video I made and sent to K2 Corp on their 50th Anniversary. They said it brought tears to their eyes around the office. Since the video, I bought the 50th Anniversary Recoils ( never used them but needed them for the red, white and blue graphics !) and a pair of K2 50th Anniversary Rolling Stones Sideshows. And 12 pair of K2 88 GS which got their first use in my photo. An adirondack chair might be in their future or a lot of shotskis !!
FYI - my name here , K2 Rat, was my name when I was pledging a fraternity in college. All pledges had a "Rat" name. Since I wore a K2 baseball hat 24/7, the brothers named me "K2 Rat".
Like I said before, it ain't over yet so please help support my K2 habit and vote for me !!(photo # 16 - A Serious Fun BBQ)

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@ZionPow - just curious...(assuming your diving board is in the deep end). How did you get OUT of the pool? Swimming with skis on doesn't seem like it'd be an easy feat.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@ZionPow - just curious...(assuming your diving board is in the deep end). How did you get OUT of the pool? Swimming with skis on doesn't seem like it'd be an easy feat.

Ya, not exactly a great pool safety lesson. When I went to the water ramp freestyle summer camp we always wore vests and needed them. Not only was it pretty hard to tread water with boots full of water and skis attached, you could also crack your skull on the ramp if you popped wrong and knock yourself out even with a helmet on.

No worries really though here because there were obviously folks ready to jump in and rescue ZP from that melted tree well in the back yard hahaha..

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My daughter was in the pool treading water while taking the photo. After splash down I thrashed to the edge of the pool because skis connected to boots full of water don't float. My son's fiancé was standing by the diving board to grab the skis after I released the bindings under water. Once I got rid of the skis, I could climb out with the boots full of water

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last weekend push!

Sponsor

Staff online