• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Perfumed Ski/Board Wax is EVIL

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Please, please, please folks, don't support this bad idea.

My entire wax room smells like bad strawberry bubble gum. Thanks a LOT, One Ball Jay. I can't even get it out of my nose to drink my beer in peace.

Having the entire place stink of coconut suntan lotion or ... nasty bubblegum might be fun for about 30 seconds but seriously? Nasty, acrid, retch-wortht bubble gum EVERYWHERE. For HOURS. Gack.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

My entire wax room smells like bad strawberry bubble gum. Thanks a LOT, One Ball Jay. I can't even get it out of my nose to drink my beer in peace.

Having the entire place stink of coconut suntan lotion or ... nasty bubblegum might be fun for about 30 seconds but seriously? Nasty, acrid, retch-wortht bubble gum EVERYWHERE. For HOURS. Gack.

:roflmao::doh:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Can we get bratwurst scented wax? Or weissebier?

On a sidenote, I got in the elevator at work and there was a guy delivering pizzas in there. And some woman comments "Wow! Pizza!! You're the luckiest guy in the world!!" and he smiled meekly at her. After she got off at her floor I said to the pizza guy "You must hate pizza.." and he says "Hate it..the smell..all day long..disgusting..my clothes stink..my car stinks..fuck..." :roflmao:

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier

Someone brought me some ski to work on with that sort of crap on them. Even after through Swix Glide Wax Cleaner and brushing prior to waxing it stank like crap!
I told the person don't ever bring me a ski again if you used that wax on them ever again. Should have used Toko HC-3 wax remover I guess! :yahoo:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That will teach you to wax skis.

How can I keep my speed under control in the steep bumps with all that wax? Fortunately wax wears off in a run or two. But the klister I apply to add drag wears off quickly as well. Just the smell remains?

Is One Ball Jay a waterskier? That's a good waterskier's nickname. Especially if he waxes his waterski.

Eric

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
Maybe they are just trying to encourage people to use a respirator to protect their lungs when waxing. This all sounds like an April Fools prank carried too far.

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
one-ball-jay-the-dude-snowboard-wax-all-temp-none-front.jpg

Well. that's just like your opinion, man ;)

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
I had some wax that I got on closeout for like $1.50 a block at EMS a few years ago. Of course, I bought every block they had. Some of it was grape scented. I didn't mind that stuff at all, didn't smell bad to me. The soy based wax, on the other hand... work of the devil. It was more like paste, greasy as all hell. So hard to work with, I ended up throwing it away. .