• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Patrol help needed

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Much more comfortable than a snowmobile on gravel.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
So I finally got out to look at the snowmobiles available, we have 5 available but 3 are in very very rough shape, it looks like the winner is a Skidoo mach1 that's in pretty good shape. the question is whether or not the motorcycle place that is going to do a sponsor program for us will work on it. That brand isn't normally one of theirs. If they can't or won't then we have a Polaris that might fit the bill. That's a brand that they are affiliated with. UPDATES TO FOLLOW>

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Well I should have done my update a lot sooner. The company that we had working on the snowmobile did about $900 in labor and got it running towards the end of the summer. The only problem was it only ran for about 3 minutes at a time. Turned out the crankshaft seals were absolutely toast and the only way to really bring this beast back to life was a full overhaul or a new motor. It turns out there were some suspension issue that were going to run into some serious cash also. Well we cut our losses and took the snowmobile to the recycle yard. Got a whole $35 for it as scrap. Ended up giving the cycle shop 2 free anytime passes as well as free rental for the season for their staff.
My thanks to all of you that reached out to me regarding this project.
My new project is designing and building toboggan shelters for various spots on the mountain.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The setup they used in Targhee to drag @ChunderBlunder out of Sacajewa had them put the sled he was in into a larger sled that was attached to the snowmobile if I recall correctly. I didn't take any pictures....

Sponsor

Staff online