• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Numbness and burning in Lange RS boot

Sean

I don’t see any holes
Skier
Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas? I have a well known boot fitter but we have not been successful at finding the cause so i’m Looking for ideas or others with the same or similar issue. As it is I have to completely unbuckle my boot after a run to prevent this from occurring. However, if it is happening and reaches the burning stage I need to nearly pull of the boot for relief.

Boots: Lange RS 140 (130 with lace up liner)

Problem: numbness starting from little toe moving to next two toes then spreading to the ball of my foot followed by intense burning sensation.

Occurrence: when boots are buckled if stopped or not skiing in a more aggressive manner or not unbuckled completely before riding lifts.

Alterations done: grinding on little toe side, tongue material decreased at top of instep, custom foot beds, removed laces from liner.

The boots fit really well. The heels are held firmly in place with no additional foot movement when buckled. I use very thin racing compression socks. There is no apparent area that is pressured enough to leave an irritated area.

Any ideas?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas? I have a well known boot fitter but we have not been successful at finding the cause so i’m Looking for ideas or others with the same or similar issue. As it is I have to completely unbuckle my boot after a run to prevent this from occurring. However, if it is happening and reaches the burning stage I need to nearly pull of the boot for relief.

Boots: Lange RS 140 (130 with lace up liner)

Problem: numbness starting from little toe moving to next two toes then spreading to the ball of my foot followed by intense burning sensation.

Occurrence: when boots are buckled if stopped or not skiing in a more aggressive manner or not unbuckled completely before riding lifts.

Alterations done: grinding on little toe side, tongue material decreased at top of instep, custom foot beds, removed laces from liner.

The boots fit really well. The heels are held firmly in place with no additional foot movement when buckled. I use very thin racing compression socks. There is no apparent area that is pressured enough to leave an irritated area.

Any ideas?
I had the same boot with the same problems and did just what you tried with no success. It is the liner, it is very narrow across the metatarsals, first try heating and stretching the liner in that area and of that doesn't work, the liner cna be scored from the bottom or what ended up doing, going with an aftermarket liner such and BootDoc or ZipFit.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
I had the same boot with the same problems and did just what you tried with no success. It is the liner, it is very narrow across the metatarsals, first try heating and stretching the liner in that area and of that doesn't work, the liner cna be scored from the bottom or what ended up doing, going with an aftermarket liner such and BootDoc or ZipFit.

+1 for me as well. I am in the current RS130 Wide, and couldn't feel anything in my feet after a very short time. I had to change the liner to an Intuition Luxury (the shop just happened to have one in my size) which has solved the problem. Now the Intuition is packing out and giving me too much space, so looks like I will be going the ZipFit option like Phil mentioned.

The Lange liner has very little ability to stretch at the toes. If you look at the neoprene area, it is very small. That was my main issue. And I don't think the World Cup liner is heat moldable (at least from what I could discern from the Lange literature).

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
I also have the same issue. Same exact pain spot. Modifications include custom footbed and grinding on little toe side. If I ski through the pain it goes away after a couple runs (I assume the liner packing out). If I ski again the next day no issues but if I let the boots sit for a couple of days then a lot more pain, so I concur with it being a liner issue.

Sponsor

Staff online