• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica HF 110 (GW) boots

Steve Martin

Booting up
Skier
I am a fairly casual skier maybe 15-20 visits to the ski hill in a year. I am solidly intermediate, I generally prefer to ski groomed slopes. I normally make 1 trip per year to Colorado, again skiing mainly blues and greens (prefer trails similar to Batcheler Gulch trails at Beaver Creek) I have Full Tilt boots right now. I am wanting to get a boot that is easy to put on, yes i know Full Tilts aren't super hard to put on compared to a traditional 3/4 buckle boot. How much boot fitting adjustments or even custom liners can be done at a high level shop such as our outstanding member Doug Briggs shop Racers Edge. I still want the boot to be properly fit and set up, i just want the extreme ease of entry that rear entry boots provide.

DesmoDog

Getting off the lift
Skier
I just had a pair of HF 110s custom fit. I didn't check on custom liners (didn't feel like I needed any) but the shells were customized and the liners heated/fitted.

When I put the stock boot on there were a couple areas I had concerns about, but the fitter told me they weren't a problem. The insoles fixed the concern I had with the fit around the ankle and he pushed the shells out where they felt tight. I've only skied on them once - unless I was trying to think about how they felt or worked, I didn't notice them. That's a good thing. No pressure points, my feet didn't get sore as the day went on. So far so good.

Sponsor

Staff online