• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nice brisk morning

Joel

Having fun
Skier
So I made it out today. What made it different is it was actually clear out. I skied to where the trail forks to Trap Lake or Zimmerman Lake. I decided I was feeling unusually worn out so decided to head back at that point. Was still a great outing except for some snowmobiles. Where I start from is a XC ski trail that heads towards Long draw road ( snowmobiles allowed on Long Draw ). One branch of the trail heads around the edge of a wetlands area, another takes a climb through the trees. I prefer the climb myself. Today there were many snowmobiles in this lot and some of them totally trashed the wetlands and the lower trail. There is another meadow at the top of the climb that was totally trashed. That one I'm not sure of if it's off limits. When I got back two snowmobiler's came back from the Highway, to me that was fine. But one of them was about to head into the meadow. Fortunately he could not get over a snow bank. I went and talked to the guy and let him know there was no access through the meadow to Long Draw. He was polite enough, but who knows.....

Even though I cut the outing short, it was a great day.

It's nice when I'm heading out of town and there is already snow

canyon.jpg

Nice balmy -2 degrees, good thing I'm in my winter shorts
temp.jpg

This is still near the bottom. Roads a little icy. Heading up was slower today.
drive.jpg

There are a few stream crossings. The snow bridges are nice and built up now. Last few outings I had to climb up and out.
stream.jpg

This is near where I turned around, what a nice day. I'm debating whether I should have pressed on. We have a saying when flying,
better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground. Though staying home sick
from work tomorrow would not have broke my heart.
clear.jpg