• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG

Great time Thursday night!

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Heading to the big rink to see the Carolina Hurricanes vs Anaheim Ducks this evening. We manage to get to go see 2-4 games per season. We'll be waving our flag way up in the nosebleed seats. Will be our first look at Scott Darling live.

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
That Boucher system is something to behold. It's not a Devils trap, but it sure stymies fast teams. If Karlsson and Anderson stay healthy and some other key dudes stop breaking hands and fingers, I think the Sens will run deep into the postseason this year.

I am a die hard Leafs fan. It's been a long time since we could legitimately get excited about the team. Not all there yet, we still need a (non-geriatric) marquee d-man to help Andersen out just a tad.

Vegas: Flower can give you 40 wins right off the hop, he has that much in him.

Oilers: disappoint. I hope they can turn it around soon. I'm in Deadmonton in Feb when they play the Avalanche and am waffling between the 200 Canuck buck box seat, or the 75 buck regular seat. If the box comes with drinkie poos then that'll win out. On that note: pretty d-bag move by the team asking bars to not advertise games on their televisions unless they sell Molson products, but that's another story. Anyway, I haven't been to an NHL game since I was 15, so I'm kind of pumped and may try to nail one down in Calgary after that. You know, before they move...:nono:

I'd love to see the Jets run deep just to further stick it to Bettman.

And the Habs are a trainwreck. Me likey! Meh, they've got good enough of a team to right it, but it's sure a lot of fun listening to the wailing coming from their (not so) faithful.

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
Oh yeah, and when in the HELL is someone just going to stick a form in the Yotes and move them to somewhere that sees negative temps?

My preferred rankings for a team:
-Quebec City - Winnipeg got it, so these guys deserve one. But the crap dollar and crumbling Quebec economy won't help.
-Saskatoon - keep the Yotes franchise in the west and you tap into one of the most rabid sportsfan bases in the world. Older (by today's standards) rink though.

I don't comment on Seattle because I just don't want to see more American based teams before we fill out another spot in Canuckistan.

I don't mention Hamilton because I know they are always in the mix.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Leafs rumoured to be about to sign Russian d-man Igor Ozhiganov. Who's he you ask! Good question!! :D Currently playing for KHL team CSKA Moscow. Looks decent enough..wasn't drafted..has decent points and plus-minus. Another Zaitsev?? We'll see.

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
I'm still a little miffed they let Zach Sill go. Not much in the points department, but dude would have been PK extraordinaire, and pest supreme. Some of his chirps are the most epic I have ever heard.

I think they need to get a trade done pre Christmas. Dump someone like a Bozak...I might have said Kadri a year ago...and some draft pick stuff to get that top blueliner in there. Don't sell the farm, draft wise, but they have fared pretty good and if they want to build a team that'll blast away for a few years then now is the time to get it done.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
On a side note..anyway have a good way to get stank out of your skates? I normally use the vinegar bath but I'm loathe to do this again...and I have to wash my hands after even carrying my skates these days.. :eek:

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
My 6 to 30 year old inner voice says you never wash them, or any of your gear. That funk carries the good juju.

My married inner voice says liberal amounts of baking soda and something called Benefect after. Then wad full of newspaper between treatments.

That, and change your footbeds.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

wow !

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
My 6 to 30 year old inner voice says you never wash them, or any of your gear. That funk carries the good juju.

My married inner voice says liberal amounts of baking soda and something called Benefect after. Then wad full of newspaper between treatments.

That, and change your footbeds.
Active ingredient, Thymol, extract of Thyme oil. Apparently it's quite effective and completely neutral on the skin. Nice! Thanks!

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On a side note..anyway have a good way to get stank out of your skates? I normally use the vinegar bath but I'm loathe to do this again...and I have to wash my hands after even carrying my skates these days.. :eek:

A mixture of Tea Tree Oil and Mint Oil. I got this recipe from a friends wife who uses it on his hockey gear. I use it on my ski gloves when they start to hum.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lost in a shootout. Scott Darling was definitely not the better netminder this evening. We had so many really good chances that were smothered, and a couple off the iron. Not even sure Darling's playing better than Ward from what I saw tonight.. Good, not great..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Carolina is probably better than their record shows. They rinsed the Leafs the other night..just too many good shots from good spots..Leaf defensive breakdowns. But if the get the chance, those Cane's can score. Hanafin's plus-minus is brutal..but how has he looked? Haven't watched him much..thought he'd be a good d-man. We took MItch Marner before him in the 2015 draft and I can remember thinking, seriously?!?!

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Side note... anybody catch some of the Harvard/Dartmouth game last night? Damn they looked awfully good for a season opener!

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
College/University hockey is growing FAST.

I took in several playoff games and the University Cup a couple of years back, all watching AUS teams. You have legit hockey players who are more mature than major juniors, some of them in their late twenties. You also have an absence of the BS that can come with junior hockey - perhaps not the higher tiers, but if you hit up a B game you have a good chance of seeing some of the dumber side of hockey at some point. Least in my experience.

CIS seems to have the hockey format and program well figured out, in my opinion.

Sponsor

Staff online