• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Watching Vegas/Dallas..Vegas looks well coached..good system..but..poorly skilled unfortunately. The Flower is keeping them in it.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
And Vegas pulls out its first victory in its first game, on the road no less. Dallas has to be kinda wondering. And the performance of Fleury. Pens have lost that safety net. Going to be a long season for Vegas but that's a pretty nice way to start the season. Happy for Gerard Gallant.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Just caught the opening ceremonies for Vegas' home opener. Man you could hear a pin drop in that place for their 58 seconds of silence for each victim of the shooting there. Congrats on your franchise Vegas. I hope you enjoy NHL hockey.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So I saw some of the B's/Vegas game last night...
First, does Vegas deserve a NHL franchise? If they have to expand (again!), how about getting a second team back in Quebec?! I still have my Nordic's sweater hanging, right next to my Whaler stuff actually...:eek:

Anyway, really odd to see the Flower sitting on the bench, but at least James Neal rotates through to remind him of old winning ways. Subban played fairly well between the pipes for them.
Now about the 'Golden Knight's', is that REALLY the best name they could manage??? I could be tainted 'cause I see no use for 'Vegas at all in the first place!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I think Fleury is possibly hurt. They were sitting him out to see how badly injured he is, tests and what not. Golden Knights has some tie-in to the owner..he's an ex Army guy and apparently their sports teams are called Black Knights or something. Meh..I don't mind the name..we had Mighty Ducks in Anaheim for goodness sake! :D

As for location..well..it seems it's a tricky thing..you have to find people with money..preferably reputable people (Boots Del Biaggio...)...and they have to be willing to put money up..Gary has to be your buddy..they have to believe you have long-term interests..and a rink..and THEN you get the franchise..maybe. Quebec has the rink..I'm not sure they have the big money..Quebecor is apparently behind it..but. I always hear Seattle..and lately Houston..for potential NHL expansion. Or relocation. I'm not sure some teams deserve to be there..along the lines of why Vegas..we said that about Phoenix..Atlanta (proven true..)..Miami..Tampa we figured would work because of the number of Canucks who winter down there (my family included..). Vegas seemed a bit odd to me..there really aren't THAT many people in Vegas to go to a hockey game..or so I thought..you figure, 1/3 are working and 1/3 are sleeping at any given time, because its a 24 hour city. Yeah, tourist traffic..and for Toronto that might work because it's nearly as cheap to fly there and watch a game as compared to buying tickets here! Anyway, I'm not great at predicting success or fail on these things..depends on how deep the pockets are..how accepting of losses they will be. Quebec might get a team..but I suspect it will be Miami..or Carolina.

If the people of Vegas love their hockey and show up for games, god love'em! Texas is turning out some decent players these days and I suspect that's all from the Stars being there. I love the game and if others can enjoy, beauty.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yes it is.
I have to believe the reality is that there are not more concussions happening, just that now they are being diagnosed for just how serious they are. Getting your 'bell rung', as coach used to say, was just part of the game. Like many other injuries, it used to be , you suck it up and get back out there.

Sponsor

Staff online