• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering, March 23rd to 26th

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We Stayed at the White Horse Inn last weekend. Lots of rooms and great breakfasts plus nice assortment of home baked cookies at any time. It is located on German Flats Road directly across from Sugarbush North/Mt. Ellen access road.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This season has made it clear that conditions in the northeast change on an almost daily basis - one good day followed by two bad days followed by three good days and then one bad day proceeded by four good days ahead of three bad days.

No time to recover, make snow...make travel plans...

Record high temps set to hit most of the northeast this week - some areas seeing temps well into the 60s (Killlington set to see 62 degrees on Wednesday).
This is a great summary of this season here in the East!

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
So, judging by the roll call thread it looks like we're going to have a pretty decent crew each night.

@LKLA and I can start making dinner reservations as these towns (Sugarbush area, Stowe and Waterbury) can get really busy on Friday and Saturday night's especially.

The Matterhorn takes reservations and they're something of a Stowe institution and the food is outrageously good. I hear they serve beer as well...;)

I'm open for suggestions of finding places in Waterbury or the immediate Sugarbush area.

Let me know if you're interested in doing some group dinners, if you have suggestions, etc.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, given the crappy Mid A weather, I’m flying up even if the conditions suck moose d!ck.

@KevinF I need to finalize plans with you for drive up from Manchester airport and possible lodging with @SKI-3PO for most of the trip.

I’m up for whatever après but I’m likely to be sans car but avec credit card, I do like the idea of the Bruce to Matterhorn, snow pack permitting.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sugarbush Dinner Option:
Blackback Pub (Spoke to the owner, Lynn Mason, and they will make a reservation for us for Sat night, Mar 24).

Stowe Dinner Option:
Matterhorn (I just spoke to spoke to the owner, Charlie Shaffer, and they will make a reservation for us for Sun night, Mar 25).

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Stowe and Sugarbush are currently both 100% open... I'm not able to provide on the hill reports of how awesome it is because I just flew home from that "other" Gathering event, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't suck.

Still time to make plans and join us!

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I’m at Okemo presently. Conditions are far, far from sucky (though the crowds are). Looking good for the rest of March (knock on wood).

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Any ideas on discount Stowe lift tix?
Seeing as how they're an Epic resort, I'm going to guess it's the same as every other Epic resort - i.e. no better price to be had than an advanced purchase on the website.

In fact, here's the website statement : "Purchase your Lift Tickets at least 48 Hours in Advance Online for the Lowest Price Guaranteed"

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Any ideas on discount Stowe lift tix?

The most sure thing I know is Liftopia or buying in advance on Stowe's website.

I've heard that while Stowe does not have buddy passes, they do have "ski with a friend" passes. I need to confirm that with them this week... I'm not sure how many I can get.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I have enough 40 percent off to cover basically everyone and I some freebies as well. I’ll collect as many as possible prior to the gathering

Sponsor